VOGONS

First post, by dochyde

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Folks

Just joined having recently downloaded the Gabriel Knight installer. The game loads, although the midi sound plays a bit funny, it seems to missing bits out. The other problem is that the speech (not sound effects - they're fine) play really really slowly - to the extent that at the beginning Grace sounds like a man with a really deep voice. If I let it run, the game doesn't get much further as I get a general protection fault.

Can anyone help?

I'm on Windows 2000, and have the original gabriel knight CD (not a copy, not from a compilation - the original with box and everything).

Cheers

Doc

Reply 1 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Are you running the ms-dos or the win 3.x version? I am asking looking forward to move this thread to DOS section.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 5, by dochyde

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to run the Windows version. The installer I downloaded was the installer that can install the old windows 3.1 version.

Reply 3 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Endroz's installer, sadly, only installs the Windows version. NewRisingSun had developed a patch that worked with both, but withdrew it after Endroz released his installer. I wish that Endroz would release just patches in a zip, too, for the DOS version.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 5, by dochyde

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So can anyone help ?

Need to know what's causing the speech to play very very slowly, and the midi music to not play as well as it could.

Cheers

Doc