VOGONS

First post, by limboy777

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Guys,

Im trying to build an overkill Windows XP .

I know you can modify the GTX 960 Driver for Windows XP to use GTX 970, 980, TITAN X. However I think there is an early version out there of the drivers that works without modification. I cant remember if it was version someone already modified or early version.

Does anyone have a link to where I can download it please.

Retro Collector

Reply 2 of 10, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

GTX 960 is the last to still have XP support. I checked when I was serious about building a last gen hardware based to use XP OS.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 4 of 10, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Warlord wrote on 2020-09-22, 15:43:

gtx 1050 has been shown To work with driver mod check msfn or a site like winraid better place to ask

All I found was this, which says it only worked because the card was actually a fake one . https://www.win-raid.com/t5692f45-Drivers-for … ows-xp-bit.html

Reply 6 of 10, by agent_x007

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@pentiumspeed Never assume official support is last 😉

tsr3zVN.png
For driver to install, you only have to add device IDs in two places inside .inf file of ANY driver you like.
If driver doesn't know how to operate GM200 is another issue (ie. a too old one will fail to work).

Not sure why you want not modified early driver... (since it may have issues later ones don't have, but I can understand if you think it can also present more problems as well).

157143230295.png

Reply 7 of 10, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ty Agent
whatever the driver version that supports 960 on XP since that is supported just mod that driver for the titanx. It will absolutely work.

Feel like I have to do everything.
http://mattpilz.com/windows-xp-drivers-nvidia … 980-ti-titan-x/

Reply 8 of 10, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Officially.

I'm aware of modifications, but I tend to be playing safe unless someone with good knowledge of this for the reason the Nvidia limited the drivers to GTX 960 for XP support?

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 9 of 10, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

playing safe? there's no harm in adding hardware id strings to driver files its not even really driver modding.

A 960 is the same thing as a 980 or a titan x its just low yield or low bin so nvida disable some feature or somthing.

Microsoft killed XP, and thats why. Have nothing to do with anything else

Reply 10 of 10, by esbardu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Warlord wrote on 2020-09-22, 21:15:
Ty Agent whatever the driver version that supports 960 on XP since that is supported just mod that driver for the titanx. It wi […]
Show full quote

Ty Agent
whatever the driver version that supports 960 on XP since that is supported just mod that driver for the titanx. It will absolutely work.

Feel like I have to do everything.
http://mattpilz.com/windows-xp-drivers-nvidia … 980-ti-titan-x/

Thanks for the link, it is still active. I'm builidng a i5-3470 + GTX 970 and this saved my day, or maybe it will make me lose several hours playing with Windows XP .