VOGONS

First post, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have an idea what might be causing this. At present we support chroma keying only for paletted textures. If a game uses chroma keying with 565 textures then it wont work.

It is fairly awkward to do. one way is to convert the 565 texture to a 1555 texture and set the alpha bit to zero just for the chroma key color, but that loses colour information.

A better way is to use multitexturing, with one OpenGL texture doing the colour and the other doing the alpha. That's fairly difficult but the trick is already being used for AP88 textures so it may not be too difficult. I might give it a try.

I think Extreme Assault suffers with the same problem, because there are some trees that have all their branches surrounded by black.

Reply 1 of 2, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think that if you crack this game's black squares problem, then you will fix a lot of games with similar problems.

BTW, you have croc on one of those CDs, so you can test it and see. 😁

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2

Reply 2 of 2, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
CraigG wrote:

I think that if you crack this game's black squares problem, then you will fix a lot of games with similar problems.

Yeh, I think you are right. Although Blood still has a tansparency problem and I'm pretty sure all the trextures are paletted, so it would have to be one of the Glide combine modes we don't support right.

BTW, you have croc on one of those CDs, so you can test it and see. 😁

Great! That's a Windows game, isn't it. That'll be easier than targetting Extreme Assault because I wont have Glidos in the way.