VOGONS

Reply 620 of 929, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,

Here is the Release 23, with some correction for the Tandy DAC and the Gravis UltraSound.

20/11/2020 Beta 23
- Improved the Tandy DAC Output (It was stopping with the "Too Slow" Message sometimes)
- When you unselect EMS from the Option, it now still use EMS but use the DOS Memory in priority.
> Speedup the mixing on 16Bit Memory machines, with an 8Bit EMS Board.
- Tandy DAC Selected by default if detected (If no SB/GUS)
- Corrected the Pause for SB / Tandy DAC
- Gravis Ultrasound Notes precision improved. (More if Channels > 14)
- Gravis Ultrasound Sample loading time reduced by 30%
- Improved the Output menu
- Added InterWave support (GUS PnP, Not Tested)

Attachments

• Filename
    MODMXT23.zip
    File size
    149.84 KiB
    Downloads
    78 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 622 of 929, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just tried this latest version with the GUS PnP clone- sadly I wasn't able to make it output any sound so far, with or without the interwave checked. The player is behaving like always and showing track progress, but no sound coming out of it (like the output was muted). E.g. ST3 is still working nicely and modm22 was working before also.

Reply 624 of 929, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

On the Real GUS, it was working but with some notes missing.

I corrected this problem, Hope it is the same for you, can you test again ?

Attachments

• Filename
    MODMXT24.zip
    File size
    149.84 KiB
    Downloads
    64 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 626 of 929, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MJay99 wrote on 2020-11-22, 18:39:

Sadly, no change for me. Just tried v24 (with interwave checked and also unchecked) and it plays in total silence whereas replacing it with v22 plays it again nicely right away.

I will need to discard all my changes then 🙁

I will need you anyway a little more, as I don't have a GUS PnP and it is working both on DOSBox and real hardware

Do you try interwave first ?

If we set Interwave, it activate the Interwave Mode, please try in GUS Mode First.

There are too Few difference between my two codes now to explain this.

Last edited by FreddyV on 2020-11-23, 10:44. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 628 of 929, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here is "MODMGT" for your GUS Test.

I did write a function for GUS registry write, so I removed it from everywhere on GUS Mode.

Attachments

Reply 629 of 929, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FreddyV wrote on 2020-11-23, 10:29:

@root42, were you able to test ?

No, sorry. I am testing a different soundcard at the moment, the GUSar isn't in the machine at the moment... Will take me a couple of days, probably.

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 630 of 929, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
FreddyV wrote on 2020-11-23, 10:51:

I just tried it: it starts up in regular mode and works fine. When I check 'Interwave', it becomes silent. When I do uncheck it again, it plays fine again.
Wish I could provide you some easy remote access to this system, but sadly there is no networked KVM here, yet. 😁

Reply 632 of 929, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MJay99 wrote on 2020-11-23, 13:11:
FreddyV wrote on 2020-11-23, 10:51:

I just tried it: it starts up in regular mode and works fine. When I check 'Interwave', it becomes silent. When I do uncheck it again, it plays fine again.
Wish I could provide you some easy remote access to this system, but sadly there is no networked KVM here, yet. 😁

Thanks for the test,

Finally, better than nothing 😀
So I removed everything using my Register write function , except the interwave init...
I took the code from my Other player I did in 1997, but never had an Interwave to test even at that time. (Nobody reported it did not work...)
There is something weired in the I/O Timing of your card.

I wait to see if somebody else can test.

Reply 633 of 929, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
FreddyV wrote on 2020-11-24, 12:29:

There is something weired in the I/O Timing of your card.

Oh, I can also try it on another system and the original PnP tomorrow, if you suspect this card or system.

Reply 634 of 929, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've also tested it now with an original PnP in the same and also in a different system with a completely different setup (first one being a 486DX2-66, the second one a PII-266, albeit with caching disabled since it otherwise throws the well know runtime error 200): modmgt behaves the same everywhere, no sound with the Interwave checked, sound again as soon as that's unchecked. Hope this at leasts rules out most weird things my environment could have done.

Reply 635 of 929, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks MJay99

I would like to buy an Interwave, but later...
I already spent 500$ for the Tandy DAC...

Probably one day sercado will wake up and give me an OPL3LPT, because my software is nice to use on his cards 😀

I need these devices only for my player test.

Reply 636 of 929, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

b24 also seems to have a regression with ESS1868F (ESS Audiodrive). Initialized with its own driver (and escfg), it works nicely under b19 - but starting b24, it isn't detected anymore as a (Soundblaster) compatible card.
Going back to b19 right afterwards, it still works there.

Reply 637 of 929, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi MJay, something I need to test.

Do you remember if b19 Display the ESS Version ?
The BLASTER Env variable is present ?

Also, the .CFG file may be different, you need to remove it when you move from b19 to b24

Reply 638 of 929, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
FreddyV wrote on 2020-12-08, 15:34:

Also, the .CFG file may be different, you need to remove it when you move from b19 to b24

Darn, I knew about that and really thought we did it (while trying to figure out an issue with unisound and this ESS) - but on explicitly testing it again now, it instantly fixed the issue.
So, please: cancel alert, cancel alert! 😁

Reply 639 of 929, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

On another note: Does this one crash modm on your system also?
https://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view … eid&query=74373

b24 and b19 went down with UMB or DOS MEM corrupted on two different 486DX systems just now. Dosbox hangs on loading, without any error message.