VOGONS

First post, by GoldFinger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Where are you guys?
No one writes here anymore, I need some feedback on the stuff I am writing.
I just released another 0.09 alpha and this one should fix all those OpenGL 1.1 stuff (Voodoo owners).
I did some really fast MMX routines so the texture impact is lowered.

Reply 1 of 13, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm documenting my demos...and also the different API's. Takes time...lots and lots of time. 🙁

Just download my NT Game list in Deep Thought and I think you'll get the idea.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 13, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just try a FEW of them that you've known in the past to cause trouble.
I'd like to get my hands on those neato discs that Craig made (if you're listening, Craig...😉)

Err, oh, yeah. Paul and Harekiet are on vacation if you didn't recall. (Not that Harekiet does development on this, but I felt it was important to mention. 😉)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 3 of 13, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Where are you guys?

Still progressing at Tomb Raider 😉 I've reached the Sphynx of Khamoon and I'm in awe. Every new level is a complete rediscovery T_T

I'm currently using OpenGlide 0.09a4 and so far, everything's running as smooth and beautiful as ever. I noticed that the slowdown problems (when mipmapping was activated) have completely disappeared.

Good job!

Edit: btw, I've installed DX 9 a few hours ago. No problem whatsoever.

Last edited by Kaminari on 2002-12-21, 00:56. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 13, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'd like to get my hands on those neato discs that Craig made (if you're listening, Craig...

I'm listening, 😉
Have a word with Paul, perhaps he'll do you a copy 😉

They were just some select 3dfx games, for DOS and win, primarily for Paul to test with Glidos and openglide.

As for the new Openglide, it did nothing new that the other two betas done. Perhaps it was just aimed at older PCs with opengl 1.1 cards ?

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2

Reply 5 of 13, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just noticed that the 'beard' of the Sphynx sometimes disappear, depending on the angle of view. I guess it's more a shortcoming of the TR engine than a problem with the Glide emu. Anyway, I can provide a save game if necessary 😀

Reply 6 of 13, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Kaminari I guess it's more a shortcoming of the TR engine than a problem with the Glide emu.

I'm certain that it is. Early 3D titles were expected to have these limitations. There was a limit to your field-of-view and large, open areas usually caused this kind of effect.

Also, back then resolution was low enough that things like these were a lot less noticeable.

One of the worst examples of "clipping" due to field-of-view was in the "Airship" level of Blood2. You could never see all of the Airship. You actually saw the ship "form" out of thin air before your eyes as you moved along the outside.

Reply 9 of 13, by GoldFinger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Great, That is one information I really need to know, I am just playing with it so now I know what is the correct way... 😜
I will update a new alpha 6 version soon, with this fix, if anyone care to test Croc too with the new version I would appreciate.

Reply 13 of 13, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I tested the alpha 6 on Croc, no difference i'm afraid.

Speed overall is about the same as well.

But keep 'em coming, and I'll keep testing. 😀

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2