VOGONS

Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 261 of 1960, by Stull

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nice haul. Is that a fake Tiger Woods on the Links 2003 cover? It's also funny to me how companies started republishing their software on CDs during the CD-ROM craze. Sim Farm must have, what, 3MB worth of data on it? 😉

Reply 262 of 1960, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stull wrote:

Nice haul. Is that a fake Tiger Woods on the Links 2003 cover? It's also funny to me how companies started republishing their software on CDs during the CD-ROM craze. Sim Farm must have, what, 3MB worth of data on it? 😉

1 CDROM=cheaper than multiple floppies and more convenient because CDROM is faster than floppy and no swapping (unless the game is REALLY big and uses multiple CD's but games that epic wouldn't come along until a bit later).

Reply 263 of 1960, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ZOMG you bought Core Contingency!

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 264 of 1960, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

i'm actually intrigued about that cd for starcraft, insurrection? I wouldn't mind having a copy of that. Also, TOTAL ANNIHILATION IS AWESOME.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 265 of 1960, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stull wrote:

If you think that's ridiculous, i've seen a few SINGLE FLOPPY games rereleased on CD, not even taking up a megabyte.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 266 of 1960, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I only have a couple under 8 megs, Blake Stone games, Tyrian.

Sim Farm image I made is actually 27 MB in bin/cue. Sim ISLE has quite a few CD-DA tracks, kind of nice.

I have a lot of floppy released games on CD which are enhanced with CD-DA and mission packs etc.

That StarCraft campaigns disc is an unofficial add-on. It's fairly rare I guess, but nothing really spectacular either.

Reply 267 of 1960, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah isnt insurrection the one that was unauthorized, so blizzard sued the publisher? So it's really rare? Or am I confused with something else....

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 268 of 1960, by Jan3Sobieski

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think Insurrection was authorized, so was Retribution, at least that's what the boxes state. The unauthorized add-on was the Stellar Forces one. Blizzard sued MicroStar and won. They had to take them off the shelves. Near impossible to find still in box. I have the original CD with front insert but that's about all I could find in a 4 year search.

Reply 272 of 1960, by Mystery

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

file0019x.jpg
Finally!
I've been searching for this game (in an acceptable condition and for a reasonable price) for ages.

The conditon is more or less perfect, no scratches, marks, dents...nothing.

Plus it only cost me 13 bucks, which is completely insane considering the regular price this game fetches on ebay.

::42::

Reply 274 of 1960, by wilkins#21

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just discovered this great thread and as in the last few days i bought some nice items i decided to relive the discussion:

24neat2.jpg

All of the above are still sealed.

9zt7c0.jpg

I'm proud of the not so easy to find Cruise for a Corpse PC version, complete with all and also the nice ship map.
i must say that big boxes collecting is really addicting, so much nicer that those sloppy new games.......

Last edited by wilkins#21 on 2012-01-09, 22:32. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 276 of 1960, by maddmaxstar

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just scored these games for 5$ at a Flea Market today:

6704651259_c3e42ecc62_b.jpg

The boxes are in decent shape for their age, however Jedi Knight, Unreal Gold and Unreal II are missing their manuals, UT2003 was an empty box with only 1 of the 3 disks in it, and UT2004 was just a box with a ripped top flap and only the manual inside. However I'm not all that worried since I already had the UT2003 original disks and manual without the box (woo, full set!) and I already had the UT2004 DVD version. For 5$ for the set, I can't complain too much. I now own the entire Unreal/Unreal Tournament series in their original boxes, w00t!

I also got a Logitech Wingman Extreme for 4$ at a Thrift store too, so I'm happy.

= Phenom II X6 1090T(HD4850) =
= K7-550(V3-3000) =
= K6-2+ 500(V3-2000) =
= Pentium 75 Gold(Voodoo1) =
= Am486DX4-120(3DXpression+) =
= TI486DLC-40(T8900D) =
= i386sx-16+i387(T8900D) =

Reply 277 of 1960, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm still looking for Unreal gold 🤣
Nice find for just the 5 bucks 😉

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 278 of 1960, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I went to the LifeLine Bookfest on Sunday.

Big box games galore:
- Command and Conquer
- C&C Red Alert
- C&C Red Alert 2
- Tribes 2
- Battlecruiser Millennium
- Need for Speed SE (Still shrink wrapped!)
- Windows 2000 Upgrade
- Plus! For Windows XP
- Flight Mania (A multi-game box, including Comanche Gold)
- Some more which I can't remember

And also stacks of unboxed disk-only games including:
- Need for Speed 2 SE
- Wing Commander 3 (Disks 3 and 4 only, Disks 1 and 2 were nowhere to be found)
- Ultimate Doom
- Doom 2
- Quake 1
- Some more which I can't remember

Also picked up a bunch of Red Dwarf VHS tapes, and the Doom "Knee Deep in the Dead" novel. 😁

What did I spend on all this fantasticness? Probably under $30. All the money goes to charity as well, which is nice, the event was being run by volunteers.

I'll post pics when I get home tonight.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 279 of 1960, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Photos ahoy! (click to enlarge)
th_IMG_0745.jpg

th_IMG_0744.jpg

th_IMG_0743.jpg

th_IMG_0742.jpg

Some of the big box stuff I already had (MS-DOS, Space Quest and Leisure Suit Larry, Windows XP and 3.0), but everything else was found at Bookfest. 😀

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread