VOGONS

Common searches

something new

Topic actions

Reply 121 of 126, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

"... textures are just incredible. I've only just started Natla's Mines, but I'm loving ..." 😅
one never knows
😁

You may have noticed that the waterfall actually has a rainbow in it . I think that particular bit came out quite well .

"...Especially considering that the mines are among the poorest texture jobs of the whole game.."

For the most part the TR texture crew did quite amazing work (especially given the medium and color restrictions/distortions ) , though I have to agree . the mines offered up a number of challenges . For instance I went through 22 512x512 textures before I settled on the ones for the "base" lava textures, and over 113 256x256 tries for the 'gold' pyramid textures . getting the floor (dirt/rock) right nearly gave me an anuerism too . oddly from start to (nearly) finish the mines level still took less than three weeks of spare time .

Reply 122 of 126, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
z9d10 wrote:

You may have noticed that the waterfall actually has a rainbow in it . I think that particular bit came out quite well .

😎 Makes me wish I had the game just to see how it looks.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 124 of 126, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
MiniMax wrote:

😎 Makes me wish I had the game just to see how it looks.

Bought Tombraider 😀

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 125 of 126, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
z9d10 wrote:

You may have noticed that the waterfall actually has a rainbow in it . I think that particular bit came out quite well

How does an underground mine with no light sources create a rainbow in a waterfall....

😁 Just teasing!

Reply 126 of 126, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

...the translucid platforms in the Atlantis levels...

thanks , I fiddled with them quite a bit and am quite pleased with the transparent bits ( though the muscle / tendrils I consider to still be in there infancy , so to speak ) . I think the 'throne room' looks very neat sans the tendrils and so I may leave them out ,hence this rough( still .bmp's) little addition of textures that completes the push block and throne chairs(just add them to the silverlok/.../ atlantis folder ).

...use of alpha channel..

Kaminari , you know you have quite a sharp eye . I doubt most people would have noticed the differences in 'density' across the alpha texture, which reminds me to thank you for a piece of advice tendered in this forum ( where I know not ) a longish while back. that advice being : bilinear for down and bicubic for up . not that it directly relates but it has been a very useful tip for pondering how the mind filters through the mathspace of electronic art .

Bought Tombraider:happy:

and Eidos not so subtly shuns fans supported projects 😜 🤣

minimax you were too quick I was going to donate to you one of my extra TR cd's ( over the course of this project I think I have aquired every U.s. version every distributed , and most of them in duplicate 😀

Attachments

• Filename
    +Atlantis.rar
    File size
    778.82 KiB
    Downloads
    597 downloads
    File comment
    just a little touch up
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception