VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1861 of 1864, by krashd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

But the DBGL website says it requires the JRE and I can't find a JRE that goes past 8 - the latest version as of December is 8u351 so I assumed that had to be higher than 11 in reality if it's the newest release. The only things I can find with an 11 in it are JDK and JSE, but not JRE.

Reply 1862 of 1864, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You can use a JDK version, and it is probably the easiest solution.

I use Linux, so installing Java is very easy from the package manager.

I assume your on Windows, so Oracle will try to get you to pay for the 'JSE' edition, which you don't actually need to do as Java is OpenSource. But Oracle try there best to make it difficult to get a current Java 11 or 17 build for Windows without paying for it.

Reply 1863 of 1864, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yesterday I came across some problem with one of my installations of DBGL. I found that selecting a concrete profile on my gamelist froze DBGL, so I went to \CONFS and deleted it. However, the profile still appears on my gamelist and still freezes the program. How can I get rid of it?

Reply 1864 of 1864, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the comments and bug-reports! And apologies for my absence, these last few weeks. After a regularly busy December, I decided to spend some time on a side-project (rewriting Access 3.01 in TurboC for MiSTer FPGA PC/XT) which is mostly finished now. So I expect to return for DBGL maintenance shortly, and will then respond to your questions and remarks.

Also, I'll be doing some network maintenance for the dbgl.org webserver tomorrow, which will cause some downtime.

Regards,
Ronald