Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 500 of 1968, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Neville wrote:
2) The new DOSBox v0.73 supports the new "machine" arguments as well as the old ones ("vga" comes to mind), which is all fine and super. But despite this, an option to change the same options in multiple profiles with a few clicks, just like the one DFR has, would be terrific. There's plenty of space in the DBGL interface for another tab, and it would be very helpful for future migrations.

Right, like you said, not so small
Has been on my to-do list for quite some time now, will see what I can do.

[/quote]

Hi I'm going to install the new versions soon along with 0.73 thanks!
About that problem could be enough an option like "apply template to all/selected profiles"?
Bye!

Reply 501 of 1968, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Neville wrote:

2) The new DOSBox v0.73 supports the new "machine" arguments as well as the old ones ("vga" comes to mind)

0.73 doesn't know machine=vga. If it reads machine=vga, it'll switch to svga_s3 automatically.

Klimawandel.

Reply 507 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A new test-build, 0.65a:

- (Limited) multi-profile editing to allow very easy migration to DOSBox 0.73
- Display a screenshot in a column in the profiles table
- Added Russian translation from Oleg

Neville wrote:

I'm using DBGL with an official build of DOSBox and a CVS one. Since the CVS is now outdated, I've tried to delete it from the database. But I can't, I get a "remove dosboxversion" error.

I've improved the error message so that a list is also shown with profiles/templates that are still associated to this DOSBox version.

Neville wrote:

... an option to change the same options in multiple profiles with a few clicks would be terrific.

Yep, was needed hard. I've made the profiles list multi-select, so that you can select multiple profiles (shift, ctrl, ctrl-a) and change the associated DOSBox version in one go. Please backup your DBGL 'profiles' and 'db' directory beforehand, try it out and report back with your findings or problems.

code120 wrote:

I see the filename of screenshots is displayed over them, is there a way to remove it?

There is now, take a look in the updated settings dialog. Also new is the option to display the first screenshot in a column in your profiles list. Please note that SWT has a problem with table row-heights, meaning that you wil probably have to restart DBGL after enabling this feature, to make the list render correctly. You are free to move or resize the column, obviously.

mjfoxtrot wrote:

... is there any chance you could also provide some of the excellent printer features found in Ykhwong's build, and the ethernet passthrough and parallel port option found in Hal 9000's MegaBuild?

Not high-priority, but I will take a look...

MiniMax wrote:

After adding 0.73 as a new DOSBox version, DBGL fails to correctly locate the (new) dosbox-0.73.conf file stashed away in %APP_DATA%. Instead DBGL looks in the the DOSBox 0.73 installation folder for the old-style dosbox.conf file.

A feature, not a bug 😉 Since DBGL supports multiple DOSBox versions, I decided it would be confusing to allow different conf locations for different versions, so consider it KISS practice (not to mention me being lazy 😁 )

EDIT: removed outdated attachment.

Regards,
Ronald

Attachments

• ss.png
    Filename
    ss.png
    File size
    124.23 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    screenshot
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by rcblanke on 2009-11-25, 20:18. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 509 of 1968, by MaReaDo^

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

congratulations and thanks for dbgl =)

i want to make a suggestion:

i like a "apply" button in the profile window and "<" (backward) and ">" (forward) buttons to change the editing profile without accept o close the actual profile

sorry for my bad english, i hope you can understand me xD

(sorry por create a new thread xd my mistake)

Reply 511 of 1968, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So I tried to use DBGL 0.65 on Win7 RC1 with a 64-bit Java runtime installed and it told me that it couldn't load the 32-bit SWT libraries in a 64-bit VM. I guess I'll downgrade my Java install to 32-bit.

Reply 512 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

A new build is ready. Please let me know if it works correctly, especially for Linux, Mac, and 64-bit systems.

I decided that automation for the build-process was getting necessary. Took some time to set it up, but seems to be working now; anyone should be able to build the DBGL jar file now, or all packages by just downloading the src package and running ant.

* Added support for other screenshot image filetypes: ".gif", ".jpg", ".tif", ".tiff", ".ico" and ".bmp" are supported (retrofan)
* Made screenshots-pane scroll a bit faster
* Fixed an issue with screenshots being improperly sized on Mac platforms
* Prevented a crashbug when using screenshots in the profile table on Vista systems (realllly weird SWT bug)
* Fixed a crashbug when trying to sort the screenshots column by clicking on the table header

EDIT: removed outdated files

Regards,
Ronald

Last edited by rcblanke on 2009-08-21, 16:03. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 514 of 1968, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I still have problems creating shortcuts.. DBGL hangs and I have to close it. What can I do?

### Cosmic Supremacy ### --- a free 3D space MMO for Civilization and Master of Orion fans!!!

Reply 515 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi code120, could you please start DBGL with dbglcons.cmd and post the console output you're getting after trying to create a desktop shortcut?!

EDIT: Darn, just realized jshortcut only works on 32-bit Java virtual machines. When you're using a 64-bit JVM, it will indeed crash; work-around is to simply use a 32-bit JVM. Will think about a true solution, in the meantime..

Last edited by rcblanke on 2009-07-29, 13:07. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 516 of 1968, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It says "accepting messages on port 4740", but launching with dbglcons it creates the shortcuts.. standard dbgl.jar freezes instead. Maybe it has something to do with user authorizations? I run Vista OS. When I first launched dbglcons it asked for the firewall to unlock it.

Edit: my Vista OS should be 32 bit btw

Last edited by code120 on 2009-07-29, 13:07. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 517 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You should start DBGL with either dbgl.cmd or dbglcons.cmd, NOT by launching dbgl.jar directly. Does it work correctly for you when running dbgl.cmd?

Reply 518 of 1968, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes it worked with dbgl.cmd 😀 Thanks

Last edited by code120 on 2009-07-30, 17:18. Edited 1 time in total.

### Cosmic Supremacy ### --- a free 3D space MMO for Civilization and Master of Orion fans!!!

Reply 519 of 1968, by phual

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Some feedback from an OpenSuse 11.0 64-bit user.

Tried the download given a few posts above with no success I'm afraid. The message I get when trying to run DBGL is:

./dbgl: line 4: /usr/lib/jvm/jre/java: No such file or directory

And indeed, for a standard JRE installation using YaST (OpenSuse package manager), it's right! The java file does exist in usr/bin.

Also, DBGL is available in the Packman repository. Sadly, this also does not work. It runs fine, but when you try to add a profile you get the following message:

Couldn't open file "/home/myusername/.dbgl/DOSBox-0.73/dosbox.conf" !

This is because, funnily enough, it does not exist. However, the following file DOES exist (i.e. without the version number):

/home/myusername/.dbgl/DOSBox/dosbox.conf

If I copy the directory and rename it as above, it gets as far as loading DOSBox before crashing.

I kind of lost interest at that point, so this post is as much for information as anything.

Stuart