VOGONS

Common searches

Beasts & bumpkins (maptile.mfb error)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by forsaken87

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

everyone i have talked to has the same problem trying to run beasts & bumpkins on win XP. try to open it, the screen goes black, then an error comes up:

"Could not open maptile.mfb"

theres no such file as maptile.mfb anywhere on my comp or on the cd, can anyone PLEASE help me!! (the game is recommended for win 95/98)

Reply 1 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by forsaken87 then an error comes up:

"Could not open maptile.mfb"

It apparently is incompatible with any flavor of NT (also fails on NT4 and 2000).

theres no such file as maptile.mfb anywhere on my comp or on the cd

Probably trying to read a file from within a data archive, and probably not the "real" error.

can anyone PLEASE help me!! (the game is recommended for win 95/98)

Short of a dual-boot setup, the only other I can think of is emulation via VPC, VMware, or similar program. Even then, since it's a RTS, I expect it choke on such emulators as soon as the screen "gets busy".

Reply 3 of 4, by amethystgerry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

umm, oopsy i forgot with this one it was better to install it by clicking on explore when you load cd, (not let it load). Now find the setup file (down bottom) and right click, choose properties, compatability, now choose 95, now load the game setup file in comp[atability for 95, it will loasd i guarantee it! Happy nookies!

life is short, learn one new thing, go for a walk, and accomplish a task every day and you live a much richer life...