VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 47, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Attached here, copy it over the .inf file from the 0.72 release.

Attachments

• Filename
    zmbv.zip
    File size
    1.03 KiB
    Downloads
    808 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 22 of 47, by lone lee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wd wrote:

Attached here, copy it over the .inf file from the 0.72 release.

Sorry for the wait, man.
Good news: with your shit, it just worked absolutely completely and incredibly flawlessly here, on Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit. Thanks for trying. 😉

Let me know if I can help somehow else.

Reply 24 of 47, by Setsunaaa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the updated .inf file, I was just about to hack around that by myself, but yours worked without problem.
OS Vista 64 business, Vistualdub 1.8.7 (32 bit version).

Set

Reply 29 of 47, by galwin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok total noob here read all the info, the guide and such, but must be totally ignorant or blind. Simply put I want to raise the screen size from defualt by 50%, "Norma2X to Normal3X", I am using 0.73 dosbox, located the config file manually in my apps// Folders opened it using dos prompt, "Win64", but saw no lines in there on this mentioned text, Can not figure out how to change it in the actual dosbox command line. So for a totally inept person, could someone PLEASE, pretty please, give me some step by baby step instructions here?
1) Open Dosbox
2) Type following "Mount e: e:\" hit return key
Type e: "Your now in E drive"

and so forth, please.
In normnal mode the screen is too small for my failing sight and in full mode the graphics pixels are simply so bad as to make things unviewable. especially for my old CGA and VGA games such as renegade legion and wing commander academy, any other help or suggesitons is most welcomed, I do also use SKYPE. Vent Client as well and run a Teamspeak voice server which I can get anyone into as a guest, if voice is better for you to assist.
originaldu@hotmail.com
Thanks to any and all for helping me out here.

Reply 33 of 47, by galwin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok found the problem for those having a problem finding the "Configuration" FIle for 0.073. Here is how to locate it. I had for some reason thought you needed to type into the dosbox commands something like
CD\???
Edit Dosbox-0.073.conf

instead it is much simpler as follows...
1) Click the Windows "START" icon, lower left corner of screen
2) Select "All Programs"
3) Select "Dosbox 0.73"
4) In flowdown window select "Configuration" and your there.

NOW the question remains as to where I place this to enlarge the screen command.
I found the
Scaler=normal2x

and replaced it with Normal3x
but saw no significant window change.

When I think of "Doubling" the size of a window I am thinking DOUBLE the size. I got maybe a 2% window size change here. Mind you I am using a widescreen monitor that is almost 2 feet wide by 1.5 feet high.
ya, ya I know a small TV, but it is a monitor with curreent rez running at 1920X1200. I am old and blind ok 😎

SO back to topic, I would like to have the game screen "Double" the normal screen size, right now it takes up maybe 1/4th or less of my monitor, I would like it to cover at least half or 75% since full screeen makes the CGA games far to blurred due to pixel size.

SOOO, any takers on this issue? I read something about an "Immulator" or some such for a game window. Is this what I am actually seeking in order to make this happen maybe?

Any help is appreciated.

Reply 34 of 47, by ripa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can make the game take up most of your screen with the following settings in the config file:

fullscreen=true
fullresolution=0x0
output=openglnb
aspect=true

You also might want to set fulldouble=true to prevent tearing artifacts (but for some computers it slows down Dosbox due to buggy SDL / video card drivers). You can also use output=opengl, output=overlay, or output=ddraw (some work better than others depending on your computer). You can set scaler=none, because scaling will be done by hardware with the correct output values.