VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by minerval artist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Guys!

I have quite a simple but - to me - insoluble problem with DOSBox. It may be important that I live in Germany and use a german keyboard. A few days ago, I tried to use DOSBox for the first time. Of course, I wanted to mount one of my directories as c:. But I simply cannot type in a "\". That means I cannot do anything!

On my keyboard, I have the "ß" located in the top line (below F1-12), on the right of the "0". With AltGr, that key normally gives the "\". In DOSBox, nothing happens, without AltGr, it gives "-". I tried other keys as I know them from foreign keyboards, but that didn't help. ASCII-code was not accepted either - simply no reaction.

Would be grateful for any help. Bye.

Reply 1 of 8, by Alimo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i had the same problem...warum rede ich englisch du kommst ja auch aus deutschland.
also ich hatte das gleiche problem, du must folgendes machen:
geh erstmal in die system steuerung, dann auf tastertur, dann auf menü eingabe klicken und dann auf hinzufügen
dann fügst du die englische tastatur englisch(usa) dazu.
und bevor du die dosbox startest musst du jetzt unten in der leiste von de auf en umschaltet, ist ein blaues symbol in der taskleiste. einfach mit der maus draufklicken
wenn du jetzt dosbox startest müsste "\" auf der # liegen und der : auf schift+ö

hoffe du hast alles verstanden

mfg Alimo

nachtrag: du must die englische tastatur als standard setzen

Last edited by Alimo on 2003-08-25, 17:43. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 8, by minerval artist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Danke Alimo. Hat mein Problem gelöst. Im nachhinein habe ich dann aber festgestellt, daß das Spiel, das ich starten wollte, (Master of Magic) doch gar nicht so sehr meinem Geschmack entspricht.

For those of you, who don't speak german: My problem was solved by a reply of Alimo.