VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 41, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
photios wrote:

Okay! I went home to try this on my lunch break, and I'm happy to inform you that you...NAILED it on the first shot! Good job!!! 1.48 glidos implements 3D for the DLP technology!

Magic! Thanks for letting me know.

The way I have mine setup with the Nvidia DLP hack and my TV set in "standard" checkerboard (instead of "reverse"), is that the LEFT image is first. With Glidos set to checker (standard), I had to put my TV in reverse to get the stereo image to look right. I don't know if Left image first is considered industry "standard" or not, but that's the way I have it setup.

I just quessed. So from what you are saying, I should swap the names of the setttings in Glidos?

I also had to turn down the offset in the Tombraider preset, from 115 down to 60. With it set at 115 their was too much seperation for my eyes to handle. 50-60 seemed kind of the sweet spot. I'm happy that Glidos gives the ability to adjust this.

That makes sense. Should be the distance between your eyes measured in screen pixels. Not sure if I'd expect the factor to need changing.

Anyways, thank you for implementing this, what a pleasant surprise. I have Tombraider running in 1280x1024 on my 65" DLP in full […]
Show full quote

Anyways, thank you for implementing this, what a pleasant surprise. I have Tombraider running in 1280x1024 on my 65" DLP in full 3D.

The only thing now missing is 16:9 widescreen ratio resolutions. Do you have in your current development plan, the implementation to pick from the resolutions that Windows supports, instead of the few 4:3 resolutions that you have currently in Glidos? I wonder how difficult it would be to implement that.

Regards,
photios

Sorry 16:9 seems impossible. The game itself doesn't generate content outside of the 4:3 screen. The best I could come up with was the "Inhibit mode change" setting which at least makes sure the image isn't stretched.

Reply 41 of 41, by photios

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just quessed. So from what you are saying, I should swap the names of the setttings in Glidos?

Yes you should swap them so that Glidos is "One to One" with what the DLP TV is saying in its Menu. I just now realized that I don't need the Nvidia stereo driver turned "On" to create the stereo image since Glidos does all that for you.

Once again, good job.