Common searches

Tie Fighter DOS - High Graphics

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ten years ago when I had a crappy 15" monitor, I remember upgrading to a VLB Mach64 from an ISA Cirrus Logic, because the Cirrus Logic couldn't do 800x600 at 56 Hz for some reason. (However, it could do 1024x768 at 43 Hz interlaced. What fun!)

Anyway, wasn't there a version of Tie Fighter with a much better graphics engine?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_TIE_F … ter#Differences

Reply 21 of 23, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The DOS Collector's CDROM edition is the last with the MIDI that makes the game. 😁

I can barely stand the later versions that use the looping CD audio. The graphics are pretty texture mapped stuff but the character of the game is gone without the MIDI.

Reply 22 of 23, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
swaaye wrote:

I can barely stand the later versions that use the looping CD audio. The graphics are pretty texture mapped stuff but the character of the game is gone without the MIDI.

Ditto for the X-Wing Collector's Edition. I can't stand the stock Star Wars soundtrack replacing the Clint Bajakan midi theme work nor any of the pre-rendered renditions of the MIDI music either.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 23 of 23, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I remember that I could only run ATF, Hioctane and US Navy Fighters on high resolution modes decently when I got a PII 300mhz, and they got even better when I got a 450mhz one.