MT-100 Roland switch to MIDI play mode - how to

General information and assistance with Munt.

MT-100 Roland switch to MIDI play mode - how to

Postby Amdahl » 2010-3-10 @ 01:55

If at first you don't succeed, push every button combination until you do. At this time, the manual can be found at ftp://ftp.roland.co.uk/productsupport/M ... 100_OM.pdf

Roland MT-100 button combos that are somewhat useful:

Stop + BEAT/MEAS = Set THRU On/Off w/turn dial, then Execute. (Play MIDI IN, hooray!) You can use FWD/BWD to select other options as well. You can record this change to the saved settings(used during power-on) by holding the REC button while you press Execute.

Stop + Delete, then Execute = All Clear

Sound Control + Delete, then Execute = All Reset

Sound Control + Sound, then BWD or FWD, then Dial, then Execute = select patches for each instrument.

Sound Control + Volume, then BWD or FWD, then Dial, then Execute = select volume for each instrument.

Sound Control + Play, (Use the wheel to select a specific song) then Play = Plays a demo. (Stop or Play then work to stop or continue.)

I got the All Clear and All Reset from elsewhere on the web.

On USB MIDI adapters: I tried EMU Xmidi 1x1 USB MIDI interface w/MT-100 in WinXP with latest EMU drivers, and with only the Microsoft default drivers and SysEx did not seem to work. All music played with incorrect sounds.

I tried M-Audio USB Midisport Uno MIDI interface w/MT-32+MT-100 in WinXP and OS X. It worked fine with the default Microsoft drivers and in OSX. With the latest M-Audio Windows drivers installed, I got blue screens. If you know you don't need the M-Audio drivers, this seems to be a suitable device, although Amazon reviewers have noted a number of compatibility issues with other MIDI hardware.
Last edited by Amdahl on 2010-3-22 @ 23:56, edited 2 times in total.
Amdahl

Re: MT-100 Roland switch to MIDI play mode - how to

Postby HunterZ » 2010-3-18 @ 18:21

A word of warning on the Uno: There are actually two versions of it - one that is plug-n-play and one that is not.

Unfortunately I ended up with the older, non-pnp version. It works fine on my Windows XP machines, but not with my Win7 x64 machine because M-audio has not released a driver for that OS.

I recently picked up an E-mu Xmidi Tab from Creative/Amazon and my MT-32 and SC-88 are working fine with Win7 x64 (tested some .MID files in Windows Media Player and some old Cakewalk projects with Music Creator).

I won't be buying M-Audio products ever again, as they've been dragging their feet on Vista/Win7 x64 drivers for their MIDI interfaces since before Vista was released!
You're perfect, yes it's true...but without me, you're only you.
HunterZ
l33t++

Postby Amdahl » 2010-3-20 @ 19:23

That is odd.. I think I have the same Emu device(Xmidi 1x1 Tab), and SysEx seemed not to work in either Mac or WinXP. Do you know if you played anything that had MT-32 SysEx messages in it?
Amdahl

Postby HunterZ » 2010-3-22 @ 19:36

No, I haven't tried doing that yet - I only tried some MIDI files that were made for the default instrument set. I hope I don't have problems!
You're perfect, yes it's true...but without me, you're only you.
HunterZ
l33t++

Postby skate323k137 » 2018-8-01 @ 15:22

"Stop + BEAT/MEAS = Set THRU On/Off w/turn dial, then Execute. (Play MIDI IN, hooray!) "

This worked great for me. All I had to do was set THRU ON from OFF, and now my mt-100 works great. Got it for 50 bucks "broken" because it "would not respond to midi"

Celebration time!

Also, does the mt-100 have a battery like the sc-55 that I should change out? I opened it and look a quick look, didn't see one. Perhaps they expect you to use the QD (quick disk).
skate323k137

Return to MT-32 General