PCI sound cards and Chipsets from various manufacturers...

Discussion about old sound cards, MIDI devices and sound related accessories.

Re: PCI sound cards and Chipsets from various manufacturers...

Postby ruthan » 2019-7-12 @ 12:10

Some people here.. no are we not stupid.. these splitter are working only with some boards, usually with Z97 and newer.. in our case, there is missing cable, so some soldering etc is needed.
Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough HW.
ruthan
Oldbie

Location: Schwarz Wald-from France to Ukraine, from Denmark to Austria. Celts+German+Slavs melting pot.

Postby LSS10999 » 2019-7-13 @ 17:19

Srandista wrote:
ruthan wrote:PS/2 ports - Rayer modified his H67 - 1x PS/2 MB to 2x PS/2 and i he will try modify mine too, some tutorial is on his page.

Why even care with HW modifying of the board, when you can just use PS/2 splitter from eBay for 1$? With it, I can use PS/2 keyboard and mouse even on my really modern Z270 board, no hard modification necessary.

Depending on the port's circuitry, PS/2 splitters do not always work. I have an ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 motherboard, and my PS/2 splitter does not work properly on it.
LSS10999

Postby ruthan » 2019-7-18 @ 19:16

As excepted Aureal V1 is working with B75 too.
Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough HW.
ruthan
Oldbie

Location: Schwarz Wald-from France to Ukraine, from Denmark to Austria. Celts+German+Slavs melting pot.

Previous

Return to Sound