DracoNihil wrote on 2020-01-19, 17:10:
Well don't "Pinned comments" always show on top regardless of the option? I never did look into that either but I figured if something is pinned it doesn't matter what the option is set to, it'll always be bumped to the top.
So here's a fun fact about that: You can't actually pin a comment to a video from your comments aggregator, you can ONLY do it from the page for a video itself... which means the moment you go to do that, you've now technically watched your video, so it starts cluttering your history, causes the algorithm to start recommending you watch your own videos, and even triggers ads to start playing which, by YouTube's rules, you're not supposed to watch as you're not supposed to be triggering ads on your own videos.
Basically, the process of pinning a comment is actually an extreme hassle for a variety of reasons since it's not just a simple click or two. To do it without violating YouTube's rules I have to:
1. Select a comment from my aggregator that I want to pin and middle click to view the comment on the video page itself in a separate tab.
2. Wait for the video page to load.
3. Wait to see if the video or ads start playing back automatically and stop them if they do... though there's a random chance they will stop themselves and ALSO a random chance the page will automatically seek to the comment I intended to view whether playback starts and/or stops... which is also seemingly random.
4. Find the comment. There's a random chance it won't be highlighted properly.
5. Click the appropriate ... menu and select "Pin".
6. Go into my watch history and remove the video from it.
7. Close the tab.
...yeah... all because YouTube doesn't want to add a "Pin" option into the comment aggregator. >_>
I'd rather just let the Top Comments algorithm do its thing. :P
--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg