VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by snowboard71

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

someone can help me? alone in the dark3 dont work for me with windowsxp professional.i have tried with variuos version of dosbox(058 060 061)but without results.it hangs in the main infogram pictures logo.my pc specs:p4 1,6 gig soundblaster audigy 256 megs ram geforce2 mx asus.please help me thanks

Reply 4 of 12, by snowboard71

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok.i launch it with or without launch pad but the music effects dont work and carnbi walk only he dont run...i can hear music and speech.if i try to install with sound blastercard set,it dont start.it show the error:file01.etage pack not found.i have set the low level cdrom....but it is the same..any help?

Reply 7 of 12, by rgriff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You are absolutely right. I didn't notice the inability to run. The same it true for AITD2. Hitting the up arrow-releasing-then hitting it quickly again should make Carnby run...but he doesn't. It turn out to be a processor speed issue. You must slow it down while running the program. I used 'Speedset' ( Ann: SPEEDSET v1.0.2 ) to do the trick. You must create a batch file like this:

speedset -35
aitd2.exe

and apply launchpad VDMS values to this batch file. (I found -35 worked for my P4 3Ghz system...you may find a better value). I've made it work for AITD2, but I haven't tried it with AITD3 yet. It should have the same results.

Reply 10 of 12, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi, you have to put a SPEEDSET statement in the AUTOEXEC section for the VDMSound shortcut properties sheet. Just point it to where SPEEDSET is, for instance, c:\utils\speedset 0.1
The number following the command specifies the speed factor and may be positive (increase) or negative (decrease). It can also be a small increment like 0.01 or -0.01 - You must try several values until you find the proper speed.

Reply 12 of 12, by rgriff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I used a batch file method with the speedset program rather than imbedding in the VDMS Launchpad autoexec because the game would hang and I couldn't get the right value for speedset with the latter. Here's what I did:

Copy Speedset files to AITD3 folder.
Go into MSDOS Mode (Command Prompt in Start Menu Programs).
Go to game directory (for me it was c:\i-motion\indark3).
Edit new file AITD3.bat as follows:

speedset -30
aitd3.exe

Exit MSDOS Mode.
Go to game folder.
Delete any VDMS shortcuts.
Right-click on newly created batch file and 'Run with VDMS', using all
the VDMS properties necessary for sound and voice.
When you run the game, you'll notice slow fade-ins/outs of opening
screen shots, but when you enter the game...no noticeable
slowdowns and Carnby should run ok.

Good luck.