Asrock 775Dual VSTA & Core4Dual thread

Discussion about old PC hardware.

Re: Asrock 775Dual VSTA & Core4Dual thread

Postby ruthan » 2018-10-13 @ 01:59

I suppose that know what is jumper, look at manual where is CMOS/Bios reset jumper located (update: page 11 - point 19, info in on page 20) and check which pins are connected, if these for normal usage, or these for cmos reset (in which case is Bios setting reset for every boot).. Its quite typical that sells reset bios before MB selling and forgot to return jumper at original position.. Other possibility is that battery is broken, of discharged.
Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough HW.
ruthan
Oldbie

Location: Schwarz Wald-from France to Ukraine, from Denmark to Austria. Celts+German+Slavs melting pot.

Postby Apollonios » 2018-10-13 @ 13:15

the jumper is not set, I know what jumper are;) the battery is new! This works on other mainboards, I assume that must be a defect. The question is now if I can fix this somehow.
Apollonios

Postby Apollonios » 2018-10-13 @ 22:18

I have now made a jumper reset and swapped the new no name 2032 for a 2032 of "ATS" and now it saves the time and settings! which bios is the latest beta for the Asrock 4 Core Dual -VSTA?
Apollonios

Postby ruthan » 2018-10-14 @ 03:20

There is unofficial 2.39a.. Details.
Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough HW.
ruthan
Oldbie

Location: Schwarz Wald-from France to Ukraine, from Denmark to Austria. Celts+German+Slavs melting pot.

Postby ruthan » 2018-10-16 @ 21:46

I had problem with Windows 98 / DOS 7.1 boot menu load problem with AGP Videocard and this MB, i was stuck with blinking cursor.. i find out that is related to combination of Sata controller in NON-RAID mode and AGP video card, with PCI-E and PCI video cards it worked fine with NON RAID.. But for AGP videocards (or at least AGP Nvidia Videocards) you need to switch sata controller to RAID mode, dont ask me why..
ruthan
Oldbie

Postby agent_x007 » 2018-10-16 @ 21:54

Probably IRQ resources are screwed up or BIOS has a bug.
agent_x007
Oldbie

Postby ruthan » 2018-10-17 @ 00:52

It would be some resource bug, for the record i hadn't any other card plugged in, in bios not too much IRQ settings to fiddle than disable integrated NIC and audio and serial and parallel ports.
Update: I find out that RAID mode is not compatible with PCI Videocard and EMS mode, so you have to fiddle with this option in dependency of selected video card slot..
ruthan
Oldbie

Previous

Return to General Old Hardware