Slot 1 CAD Workstation

Topic actions

Reply 41 of 41, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Scraphoarder wrote:
If an OEM dont scare you away you could get a Compaq Professional Workstation SP700. Its a dual slot 2 with AGP. I found one on […]
Show full quote

If an OEM dont scare you away you could get a Compaq Professional Workstation SP700. Its a dual slot 2 with AGP.
I found one on eBay two days ago and got it for £33 included shipping from UK to Norway and thats ok with me.
Dont know anything about whats inside it, so i consider it as an easter egg 😊
Just make an offer to the seller. They want to clear inventory with enterprise grade parts.

Compaq SP700.png

I'm jealous! it was even in the same country.
I got one of these free around 2005 from a customer. Always hated working on it for the 3 years it was being used, big heavy temperamental thing, but knew it was partly down to my lack of knowledge, was my 1st proper IT job and everyone else had Deskpro's with more familiar IDE, case design, etc. so this was something special.
So when it was decommissioned I happily offered to "dispose of it" (Also got a load of Deskpro 2000 and 4000, plus few other bits, that was a good day)
It was the 1st machine in the score I took apart, cleaned, put it back together and killed it 🙁 The only Slot 2 PC I've ever had cross my path and never got to fully experiment with it:(
Still got the single Slot 2 Xeon 450 and the 9GB SCSI HDD, everything else was thrown away, it was just to big and heavy to keep around.

Cant wait to live though you (In reality I couldn't justify getting it even if I did see the auction)