VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by HuckleCat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Longtime user, new poster.

I have been using DosBox-Daum for awhile and have now switched to Dosbox-X. For the life of me, I cannot seem to fix these issues-

First - Forcing 2x Scaling once in any game. It's like it was never on.

Second - Scaling when in fullscreen.

It seems like it just demands to stay in surface, even when I have changed the config to either ddraw and also overlay. When I move ddraw.dll to the install folder, it just crashes. (Do I need a specific version?)

In Daum it has worked fine, but with DOsbox-X I'm stuck with a tiny window, or fullscreen with a tiny game in the center.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reply 1 of 5, by HuckleCat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A few more things, (sorry I wasn't more detailed in my first post)..

I'm using the latest 64 bit build from EmuCR of Dosbox-X. I'm pretty much going with it's default settings in the conf file, but have made sure that output=ddraw, or overlay. Also have made sure that aspect=true, and that the scaling was forced.

No matter what, I'll run it, and it will simply switch back to surface, or crash, and restart in surface.

I'm running Win10, or X, or whatever it's called now. "Latest Microsoft OS". I also have the latest directx runtime drivers installed, as well as my latest vidcard drivers. (AMD)

Hope that clears it up a bit more.

Thanks!

Reply 2 of 5, by HuckleCat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I guess I'm possibly fixing my own issue here, sort of.

I just tried out the latest build of DosBox ECE, and it's also working fine.

Is this likely a bad build of Dosbox-X? I do like that GUI, even if it isn't really all that needed.

Reply 4 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Perhaps ask in the DOBox-X thread where its author might see it. Note that these forums are for official DOSBox, not 3rd party branches.

DOSBox-X branch

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers