VOGONS

First post, by Guest

User metadata

I got a question for all you Redneck Rampage fans out there who have found your self lucky enough to get yer game goin on that messy jumble we like to call xp... Im running

Windows XP
512 MB RAM
Intel Pentium 4 3.00E Ghz
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200
RealTek AC97 Audio
Ken Silvermans NOLFB Vesa Fix
VDMSound 2.1.0 Beta

1st off Id like to thank the people who helped out on.... [url=redneck rampage with winxp..NOT with a dual boot]

With this I was able to get both Original Redneck Rampage & Suckin Grits on Route 66 working flawless in about an hour or so. Everything is runnin great! The video quality ( im usin 640 x 480) is flawless! The Emulation VDMSound im runnin is way better than before i used it and then it wasn't too bad only choped sometimes. The one thing I was wondering though, Why wont my 8-Track Player Work??? I know most people think Rev. Horton Heats "Wiggle Stick" song was lame but it grew on me... Great for huntin those Rednecks! How do I get it working? What file in the directory is it? Is there a way to mod it to work? Is it something to do with the Sound Card EMU? Someone please help cuz i miss my redneck tunes!!!

😵 Waxxxz018 😵
p.s. has anyone eles encoutered this?

Reply 1 of 2, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is an add on to the original, i found out the game only uses cd audio once it is running. Problem is I cant run from my cd-rom. I run from my rampage bat. that was converted to the vlp.
I was wondering though if there was any way to replace the tracks by building directory that contains the original files and way to add a utility that acesses the 8-track player in the game. From what I do know you can access the audio on the disc with a regular cd player. So I would be able to access them to add to a directory, but is there a way to access the 8-track player without a cd and maybe with a file? Help anyone please? This has become a quest for me as i am not going to give up easily..... 🤣 😁 😈

😵 Waxxxz018 😵
correction on the last link i messed up heres one that works
redneck rampage with winxp..NOT with a dual boot

Last edited by Waxxxz018 on 2004-07-01, 09:29. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 2 of 2, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I actually figured this one out on my own. I was going to try sapucdex but instead I tried to think logical before i started remapping system files and it turned out mscdex ended up working and all i was doing wrong was not using the 1st CDROM Drive on my system. Instantly I jumped to the stupid conclusion that becauce it is my normal cdrom drive, I put the cd in drive in F: My CDROM Drive, but actually with VDMSound 2.1.0 beta It was accessing the 1st CDROM Drive on my system which is E: DVDRW/CDRW Drive! Go Figure! So Now I Got my Redneck Tunes! Rock-On! So follow my failure notes so ya dont ended up like me! Sometimes think logical! 🤣

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---