Key/Mouse problems while debugging dosbox-debug is active

Developer's Forum, for discussion of bugs, code, and other developmental aspects of DOSBox.

Key/Mouse problems while debugging dosbox-debug is active

Postby llm » 2018-6-12 @ 15:44

i've got a fresh/clean (debug - not release)VS2010 x86 build of dosbox-svn, SDL 1.2.15 and debug-/heavy-debug-option active, core=normal

when i try to debug the DOS_Execute function and try to step in VS2010 with F10,F11 F5 and others the keys do not work
and the mouse hangs sometimes, is dosbox-debug too harsh catching key/mouse-events or something?
option to disable this behavior?
llm

Re: Key/Mouse problems while debugging dosbox-debug is active

Postby Qbix » 2018-6-12 @ 16:45

Yeah, common problem, no known solution.
Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Postby llm » 2018-6-12 @ 19:06

more details, discussion or a bug report available?
llm

Postby rainwarrior » 2018-7-13 @ 23:10

It happens to me too in VS2017, basically with any breakpoint my system drops to about 1/3 fps and most keypresses / clicks / mouse movement will be dropped. Kinda just have to rapidly tap SHIFT+F5 until it manages to resume. (Actually did a little bit of debugging like this, but it was extremely frustrating and afterwards I switched to "printf debugging" instead.)

Seems to happen in GDB to with MinGW/MSYS to a lesser extent, but after the initial "slideshow" moment after hitting a breakpoint if I switch some windows around it seems to recover and I can step normally in GDB, so at least that's usable.

Has this been a problem for a long time? Does it affect other platforms or only windows?
rainwarrior

Return to DOSBox Development