VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Redde

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Topic. Am I missing something? No matter what value I set to windowresolution, it has no effect. Changing the output value doesn't help either. Tried overlay, opengl, openglnb and ddraw.

Reply 1 of 4, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Redde wrote on 2020-06-06, 14:57:

Topic. Am I missing something? No matter what value I set to windowresolution, it has no effect. Changing the output value doesn't help either.

A bit more context would be useful.

If you are referring to windowresolution in Dosbox , you

a) are in the wrong forum . This should be in DOSBox General

b) should read this https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Dosbox.conf and change output type to something that supports scaling .

windowresolution = width x height | original | desktop
Scale the window to this size IF the output device supports hardware scaling (i.e. any output other than surface). Original is the game's default or chosen (through setup.exe or in-game menu) resolution. Note: the scaler setting under [render] is also able to scale up the original resolution to some degree. Those changes are performed before any scaling done with windowresolution setting.
Default is original.

output = surface | overlay | opengl | openglnb | ddraw
What to use for output. Surface does not support scaling or aspect correction. More information here: [2]
Default is surface.

Reply 3 of 4, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Redde wrote on 2020-06-06, 15:48:

My bad, can the mods move the thread?

Like I said, I tried all listed outputs.

Are you using the latest official release version of Dosbox as installed by its integrated installer or another version or custom installed one (such as provided with a GOG or Steam release) ?

I am asking this because it may be a bug in a specific version or if it is a custom install, it may not be using the copy of dosbox.conf you think it is .

The default system created conf file for Dosbox 0.74-3 is C:\Users\$user\AppData\Local\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74-3.conf where $user is your Windows username .

If you run (default installer created shortcut)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74-3\DOSBox.exe" -userconf
it will use C:\Users\$user\AppData\Local\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74-3.conf

If you run
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74-3\DOSBox.exe"
it will use "C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74-3\dosbox.conf " if it exists and, otherwise, C:\Users\$user\AppData\Local\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74-3.conf

You can also specify a custom config file location with the -conf option (see manual for details) .