VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 24, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

1. https://github.com/joncampbell123/dosbox-x
2. I am running a version I compiled myself from the latest code, which already has the next (unreleased) version number.

A new release (0.83.4) should be out in the next couple of days (probably around the 2nd or 3rd or August). I suggest you wait a few days and test the next version, as it has received quite a few updates for keyboards and codepages which could very well fix your problem.

Reply 22 of 24, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Linux.

Compiling on Linux is very easy. You just need to install a few pre-requisite packages using your package manager, pull the GIT repository and run the build script. You can literally go from a plain Linux workstation installation, to compiling a project like dosbox-x in minutes.

Setting it up on Windows is quite a bit more involved. First you need to decided if you want to use MSVC or MinGW as your compiler setup. Then there are quite a few steps to getting these and all the necessary dependencies installed. I have not personally done this on Windows.

Reply 23 of 24, by Sebiohazard

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello !

I installed DOSBox-X on Linux Mint to try with the command:

apt install snapd
snap install dosbox-x

Unfortunately this is not the SDL2 version, I am a beginner on Linux, could you tell me how to proceed, with what commands to have the latest SDL2 version ?

Greetings !

1573296399.gif