VOGONS

First post, by wbb

User metadata

Hi

I would like to map the 'comma' key to a joystick button.
I access the key mapper via CTRL-F1 and add a bind:
'comma' key to joystick button 6. Then I click Save.

But if I am in game and press that button nothing happens, if I hit 'comma' key the proper game function happens.

Anyone know why it is not working? I tried other keys with other buttons, so far without any luck.

Reply 1 of 6, by Guest

User metadata

I'm having the same problem. has anybody found a solution to this? (probably involving dosbox.conf)

Reply 2 of 6, by Guest

User metadata

I'm trying to map a joystick button, to a key. Just the opposite of what you are doing. It saves to the mapper.txt file, but when I press the joystick button, the keyboard character does not show up. I wonder if this is possible.

Reply 4 of 6, by Guest

User metadata

try either joytokey program (latest version 3.7.9en), 3.7.4en can be found at d-fend homepage or the PPJoy virtual sticks... (search google)

Reply 5 of 6, by Guest

User metadata

Apparently, this is a bug in Dosbox 0.63. There's a line missing in the code where it's supposed to to read joystick input in the keymapper, according to djrobx in this post. It seems he made a patch to fix it, unfortunately, I do not know where to download it or how to apply it.

Reply 6 of 6, by Hellmatic

User metadata

Just tried the following current CVS builds:

• CVS-Compile (AEP): doesn't work
  • gulikoza's: doesn't work
  • ykhwong's: works for joystick button keymappings, but not for axis/directional pad movement