VOGONS

First post, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have a Mac version of Full throttle, but the audio stutters badly in Basilisk II. It is unplayable as is. I have heard that ScummVM can play Mac LucasArts games in Windows if you have a driver installed that will let Windows see a Mac formated CD. Does anyone know of such a driver?

Reply 1 of 6, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Can't say as I've ever heard anything about that before, myself, but (and bearing in mind that this is just a suggestion) wouldn't the cdenable.* files from the BasiliskII distributions do this job?

Reply 2 of 6, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by collector I have a Mac version of Full throttle, but the audio stutters badly in Basilisk II. It is unplayable as is.

Since the thread is about Mac solutions, an unplayable game should be in another thread.

--->Splitting Thread--->

I have heard that ScummVM can play Mac LucasArts games in Windows if you have a driver installed that will let Windows see a Mac formated CD.

I haven't heard of that. Kind of doubt it. Might ask the Authors...

Reply 3 of 6, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can use an HFS Utility (HFS/HFS+ is the MacOS Classic filesystem) to get files off of HFS-formatted volumes. I can't quite remember the name of the utility. Maybe it's called HFSUtil. 😁

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 4 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have looked for some kind of HFS driver before, but with little success. I have not looked around lately, so maybe I should try again. Just to get files off a mac disc, I have just used "HFV Explorer", but it does not let Explorer see the files.

Reply 5 of 6, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If Full Throttle is structured the same way as The Dig (ie. a single file instead of separate data files like in the Amiga, Windows, etc versions), I'm afraid accessing the HFS volume won't be enough. You need to extract the single file with rescumm (a tool provided in the ScummVM archive) into component parts for use with ScummVM.

Reply 6 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks for the tip. I had already extracted the single file using Basilisk, but could not get ScummVM to open the game. "rescumm.exe" worked like a charm, though it was a moot point as I had already ordered a Windows copy of the game.