VOGONS

First post, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi guys, simple question. I'm about to get some Mac games (Lucas Arts, The Dig, Indy, etc) my question is will I be able to run them on scumm-vm which is running on top of Windows98se .
I believe Windows can not read MAC cd-roms, unless you install something, then will the contents be valid to use them in scumm-vm ?

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 2 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Whypost this in the dosbox forum?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 9, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Or better yet, on the ScummVM forum. I mean, would you ask a DOSBox question on their forum?

http://forums.scummvm.org/index.php

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 5 of 9, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You'll need an emulator to install the games. Basilisk II and Sheepshaver are good ones. You'll find instructions on how to copy the game files from the virtual disk to your real machine in scummvm readme file.

Reply 6 of 9, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

1) Why are you replying to a post from three months ago..?
2) As per the second post in the thread, you do not need an emulator, at least for the games in question when using ScummVM. This is very well-established.

Reply 7 of 9, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

1) Why are you replying to a post from three months ago..?
2) As per the second post in the thread, you do not need an emulator, at least for the games in question when using ScummVM. This is very well-established.

Not when using scummvm, but to install the games first.

Reply 8 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

hence the second post, pointing to hfvexplorer, right? For ScummVM you don't need to install the games, you just need the files.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 9 of 9, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dominus wrote:

hence the second post, pointing to hfvexplorer, right? For ScummVM you don't need to install the games, you just need the files.

That's correct. I remember waiting for LSL1 SCI Mac support for months, only to find out ages later that I copied the files using the wrong fork.