VOGONS

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hiya!

Just a heads up for those like me that had no idea: Raine had a recent DOS port here: http://raine.1emulation.com/
Don't bother contacting the author about any bugs/crashes (something that happens frequently) because there is no real interest in the DOS port - waste your time in something else.

Last edited by keropi on 2015-08-31, 09:16. Edited 2 times in total.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 12, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

no idea about any of that... what's special about mpxplay's sound drivers?

I reported GUS support is broken, the author does hang out in the thread he links in the main page. But I guess this won't get fixed anytime soon 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keropi wrote:

MPXPlay can work with PCI Sound Blaster cards and other integrated sound cards without SBINIT or SBEINIT, i.e. on systems where DOS sound support is otherwise impossible.

Reply 5 of 12, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

I reported GUS support is broken, the author does hang out in the thread he links in the main page. But I guess this won't get fixed anytime soon 🤣

Ultrasound or Ultrasound Max also? 🙁

Reply 8 of 12, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ try it?
I don't have any wss/crystal soundcards anymore - just 1xESS and rolands/SBs.

Reply 10 of 12, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I liked DOS emulators. They got the refresh rate / timing always correct for smooth gameplay. This seems to be a lot harder under Windows.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 11 of 12, by Imperious

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The 1st Arcade Emulator I ever used was Dave Spicers Arcade, known as Sparcade. That was around 1996 and before Mame came along. I still have it on a cd backed up. It works on as
low as a 486 I think. The Arcade emulator scene was very exciting back then, as I think we had all assumed those games (aside from buying cabinets) were going to be lost forever.

Atari 2600, TI994a, Vic20, c64, ZX Spectrum 128, Amstrad CPC464, Atari 65XE, Commodore Plus/4, Amiga 500
PC's from XT 8088, 486, Pentium MMX, K6, Athlon, P3, P4, 775, to current Ryzen 5600x.

Reply 12 of 12, by theelf

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
philscomputerlab wrote:

I liked DOS emulators. They got the refresh rate / timing always correct for smooth gameplay. This seems to be a lot harder under Windows.

In fact is easier in windows, with tools like winmodelines (15 or 31khz)

In DOS is easy too with tools like unirefresh, but results depend much of every emulator, in windows, once you get a proper modeline, all emulators that at least use ddraw will work the same