VOGONS

First post, by Jabberwock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, Vogons!

I am looking for the way to run the Atari Notator on PC, in any emulator - Steem, Stew, and so on.
This program is locked by a hardware dongle.

P.S. There is a fat chance that I am missed the right forum, in this case show me please the right one.

Reply 1 of 1, by bifo78

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jabberwock wrote:
Hello, Vogons! […]
Show full quote

Hello, Vogons!

I am looking for the way to run the Atari Notator on PC, in any emulator - Steem, Stew, and so on.
This program is locked by a hardware dongle.

P.S. There is a fat chance that I am missed the right forum, in this case show me please the right one.

I believe there was a way, you need a copy of the Notator ROM cartridge that matches with the disks you've got. The dongle is just an EPROM that gets checked every so often, and emulators can handle cartridges for the ST, although nothing ever really used the cartridge port except sequencer dongles and a few hardware interfaces. There was at least one FM synth cartridge for it too, but the software it came with was terrible band in a box and I haven't seen one for nearly twenty years so I don't know what chip it used. Had 2 RCA outs so you had to have separate speakers and the software wouldn't touch the AY chip, all the sounds were presets.

Korg AG-10 | Kawai XS-1 | Roland CM-32P | Yamaha FB-01 | Roland D-110 | Roland M-GS64