VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 24, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What about audio.dll? According to the file details it's part of miles sound system. The GOG version of MM8 comes with v6.1c and win98 SE complaints about that file, it says it requires a more recent windows version.

LZDoom, ZDoom32, ZDoom LE
RUDE (Doom)
Romero's Heresy II (Heretic)

Reply 21 of 24, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Never heard of it, is it a file renamed to that name? If so I guess there could be a section or wili entry we could set up for oddities like that.

Check against the current 6.1c, currently crossbow hunting so not at a computer heh

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 22 of 24, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Since my gogrepo is taking up a tons of space I'm thinking about unpacking all versions so I can use dedupe on them and can also then parse the file versions, should save me a ton of space and I won't have to deal with the ridiculous install times due to their I'm assuming unnecessarily high compression.
Need to see if gogrepo only sync new version of files or doesn't care about old ones before I do.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 23 of 24, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Weird, mss32.dll was also included. Now i've downloaded an original iso and the file it's not there, after applying the official patch Miles was updated to 6.1c too but no audio.dll it's only included in the GOG version.

LZDoom, ZDoom32, ZDoom LE
RUDE (Doom)
Romero's Heresy II (Heretic)