VOGONS

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

i finally got dagger fall installed and working thanks to VDMsound

but i have a problem the music plays perfectly but i dont get any sound effects.

Please help

Reply 2 of 6, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Unregistered dagger fall is now officaly perfect on my system

Whoah! Whoah! Whoah! I haven't heard of anyone able to run Daggerfall "perfect"...even on a Win9x OS. If you have some great secret, let us in on it...

Reply 3 of 6, by Unregistered

User metadata
Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:

Whoah! Whoah! Whoah! I haven't heard of anyone able to run Daggerfall "perfect"...even on a Win9x OS. If you have some great secret, let us in on it...

Hi! Different Unregistered here.
I thought the message above was a tease/troll!
I guess we'll see when he replies next! 😁

Reply 4 of 6, by UltimaAvatar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, Running perfect on my comp and i don't even need the CD, here's my settings
WinXP Pro
512MB Ram
2.53Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420
Creative SB Live! Series (WDM)

On the setup i had to make minimum installation, then after that i went to the CD and copyied the whole ARENA2 folder to the c:/DAGGER/ARENA2 and copied the whole thing there. then i ran sound setup and I got the sound card to work perfectly (or at least very nicely on my comp)
settings in dosbox config that are important
[cpu]
cycles=16000
(when using the setup program change to 2000 but reset to 16000 in game)

[mixer]
blocksize=1152

in the daggerfall sound setup i have
digital
soundblaster pro
port 220
dma 1
irq 7

midi
mpu-401
port 330

it almost works perfect, only one small prob and that is when i turn the room kinda has a funky way of turning (assuming this is something it has always done but i never noticed). disabling head bobbing helps but doesn't solve completely. seems to run a little faster than it did on my 200mhz so i may have to turn down the reflex. the speed seems much faster than it used too. also one slight mouse problem, on mine when it gets to the first screen with the mouse it doesn't work if the program starts fullscreen, but if you window it then go back to full screen on that screen it seems to work fine. i haven't tried a quest that you have to poison the drink yet, but what are some other glitches that i should look out for?

Reply 5 of 6, by I'm SamTam90, not logged

User metadata

I can play Daggerfall very well on my Athlon Xp 1.7 Ghz with Dosbox 0.61
It's quite slow, but there isn't that damned invisible bug!!!! I Haven't tried the mission where you must poison the wine or the mission where you must steal the cloth yet, but I'm sure that them will work.

P.S. Excuse me for the not good english, because, ehm, I'm ITALIAN!!!

Athlon Xp 1.7 Ghz
256 MB RAM
Nvidia Geforce as video card

Remember:
To run Daggerfall:
(in dosbox config, section autoexecute) mount c c:\dagger (or your daggerfall directory)
c:
mouse.exe (if the game doesn't fell your mouse)
fall.exe z.cfg

P.P.S If you want to play Daggerfall with fullscreen, go in dosbox.conf, in the section [sdl]. Find the line fullscreen=false. Cancel it. Write fullscreen=true. Now, write the dimension of the fullscreen and play TES II.

P.P.P.S If the game is too slow, edit the cpu cycles in the section [cpu]. Go in cycles, and write the quantity with you can play Daggerfall well.

Have fun!!