VOGONS

Discworld2 & XP

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by Caldorean

User metadata

Ehm. I
ve got a hold of this game recently. Just felt lucky. =)

And I don't really follow on how to make it work since I don't find a way to run it through the command prompt. I tried the new "Bat" file and it doesn't coop with me 😉 Cause it kinda says that there aren't all the files on the CD :F So it seems that I've got a copy of Win ONLY DW 2 :F So if anyone got any good idea I'd like to know =)

Reply 21 of 23, by Guest

User metadata

Hey Guys,
I Was At Home Today And Found My Discworld 2 Cds, And I've Seen All The Problems Here, I Run XP On My Computer And I Did The Great DOS Installation On My Computer. I Have VDMSound On My Computer And I Got It To Work With The DOS Install...You See, The DOS Installation Doesnt Check For DirectX And You Can Get It To Install Properly! But You Will Have To Cope With The Sound Skipping A Little In The Cutscenes. I Couldnt Get The Windows Version To Work Beacause It Almost Crashed My Computer!!

Well Guys, Peace Out...Hope That Worked For You Guys...It Worked For Me First Try!

Reply 22 of 23, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The same happened to me. The MS-DOS version works, Windows version doesn't. Talk about Direct-X backwards compatibility. 😠

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)