VOGONS

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

I finaly rejoiced in getting MOM to work but I noticed that the game runs annoyingly slow. I'm guessing this might not be a problem with VDMS but just I don't know somthing els. I'm running Windows 2000.

Reply 1 of 5, by psz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you mean during combat, then this is a WELL known issue.

Turn off digital sound effects and combat will run correctly.

You can keep music on, and let's face it... MoM's music rocks ;->

Time is a plaything,
But if it breaks,
You're f*****.

Reply 2 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Like PSZ said, this has been discussed frequently.

Example:showthread.php?threadid=1094&highlight=Master+Magic

Note that since that discussion, a new version of DosBox has been released including CD-ROM support and MIDI emulation.

Your best option is to use DosBox. Make sure to read the README that comes with it. Note that running it within DosBox emulation will need a lot more resources that running it "natively". Adjust "cycles" as needed for your PC, that depends on your system's speed.

You must choose the basic SoundBlaster in the configuration program as SB Pro doesn't work in v0.58. Also note that if you choose MIDI, you'll need to use XP's volume settings to lower MIDI volume (there is no volume adjustment within the game). Otherwise, the MIDI music will drown out the digital audio.

Reply 5 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Unregistered But for MOM I need to configure it with running install first but I'm not sure of wich soundblaster to choose and how to configure them.

Like I said, the most basic SoundBlaster.

If there's any doubt about the settings, DosBox displays them for you when you start it up. The default settings are just as eL_PuSHeR said...