VOGONS

First post, by Vaelor

User metadata

Hey there..

Just wondering if this project is even still under development? Being almost 18 months since the last version release, I'm just curious if the developers have moved onto other priorities, or if we're just waiting on a really fantastic next update. =)

VDMSound has helped me get a lot of my old classic games working under Win2k, but there are still at least as many again that really grind - the game slows down to unplayable crunching speeds, or the audio is utterly out of whack, things like that - that I was hoping to see fixed by future versions of VDMSound. Does anybody know if this is likely to ever happen?

Just wondering anyway. Be a shame to see such a fantastic project fall by the wayside.

Thanks.

- Vaelor

Reply 1 of 5, by Cthulhus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't know ... long time no update .... 🙁

Sorry for my poor english ! 😉 But, try to speak french like I'm speak english ! 😀 It's not easy !

Reply 4 of 5, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There will never be an update from Vlad. He posted this a very long time back. He had reached (and in some areas surpassed I'd imagine) the goals he set out. Vlad points people to use DOSBox which is OK as long as you have suitable hardware!

VDMSound is in SourceForge so there's no real reason why someone couldn't do something themselves? However, what would you want from it?