VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Converter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

Can I mix packs from different artists? For example, I use John Capon's textures for the levels. Can I use the Lara's home and the main menu texture packs along with John's packs? Is there a way to do that?

I use Glidos 1.33 (Registered).

Thanks.

Reply 1 of 5, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Short answer: no.

Long asnwer: you can change the texture pack by quitting TR and going back to the Glidos launcher menu. That way, you can still play through, say, Lara's mansion with Anton's textures, then quit TR, change the texture pack to another designer, get back to your game, etc. It's not the most immersive way of playing but it works.

If you're familiar with the custom texturing process, you can probably give it a try yourself and try and mix various levels in a single pack, but it's a lot of work.

Reply 2 of 5, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kaminari wrote:

If you're familiar with the custom texturing process, you can probably give it a try yourself and try and mix various levels in a single pack, but it's a lot of work.

It's entirely possible to do this if you have the time and inclination. For obvious reasons though, each artist releases their packs in a form that's intended for all levels to be played with their own textures. But it doesn't preclude you trying to mix and match yourself.

You'd need to be careful with the equiv file -- that's key to how the packs map textures between levels and each of us have customised them for our own needs....

The simplest solution would be take a copy of say, JCs packs, call it something else, then selectively overwrite his textures with ones from other packs.

Reply 4 of 5, by Converter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was actually trying to use JC's packs (since they are ready) and Lara's Home (which is missing from his pack). Unfortunately I'm not very good at this and I can't replace manually the textures. I guess I will have to wait for JC to include the Home level in his pack (or any other artist to finish theirs).

Thanks again.

Reply 5 of 5, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yep, my 'simple' solution is only simple if the pack is complete! 😉

If you want to get your hands dirty with the mapping files, you can combine the Mansion textures from Anton's or Quest's packs though. It's actually not that hard -- check out the mapping file and the TLNK files to see how it's done.