VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dicky96

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi guys
I am having a problem getting Unfinished Business running with Glidos

I have an original Tomb Raider Unfinished Business Premier Collection on two CDs.

I Have Glidos 1.53b installed and I installed Tomb Raider from Disk 1

I copied the patch files from Glidos website and when I select Tomb Raider (original) from the list in Glidos the game runs fine

However if I chose Unfinished Business in Glidos and put Disk 2 in (which it asked for) I get an error saying Vdos32 must be unlocked before use

If i close that error and click on Unlock I get a little window saying Idle. I click on 'Unlock over the internet' and I get an error: The server name or address could not be resolved

Normally this retro PC is never connected to the internet. I am temporarily connected via a LAN cable at the moment but as my XP SP2 has Internet Explorer 6 I can't browse the net in any meaningful way. For example I can go to Glidos.net main page and it displays weirdly but readable but many pages just give me a error and say server can not be found - I can't get to firefox or chrome page to install a modern browser for example. I even had to copy and paste the key to a USB drive and use another PC to get the codes to activate Glidos because the activation link won't work in IE6.

So what am I doing wrong? Why will Unfinished Business not work even though Tomb Raider does?

Reply 2 of 3, by dicky96

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks, that sorted it

Out of interest do you know why the game does not display properly at 1600 x 1200 on my 19" 4:3 monitor?

FFor example on the main menu screen when I select the passport I can flick the pages but the all the options text 'Load Game, Exit game' is missing even though the passport will start the game, but then for example I don't see the energy bar or any other text. It seems to work OK at 1280x1024 though.

best regards

Last edited by dicky96 on 2020-05-15, 17:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 3, by Kidd Bowyer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can you take a pic of your GLIDOS settings? I've found that certain configurations can cause those UI issues. Specifically, I tend to run into the "no healthbar" issue when using NGlide.