VOGONS

Reply 40 of 53, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here are the resulting .ogg files with proper Track03 and Track04:
T95_MUSIC_normal+success+fail.zip 10,4 MB

I adjusted Track02 a little as well: by cutting of the last part which was actually part of the mission success sequence.
Track02 is only 5 minutes long, it would not hurt to record 15 minutes of that variant, I suppose.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 41 of 53, by damson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks gerwin!

In near future I will have to refine both win and lose tracks. TBH I just learned midi editing while working on them and I feel I could have done better if put more time into it.

Also I plan to prepare the longer Track02 which will include more themes from the original score (there were no "suspense" parts for instance in the "32-ingame_recording.mid").

In the meantime maybe I should start replaying Tie Fighter 🤣

Edit:
FYI I've noticed that in Track03.ogg there is error in instrument set at the ending transition (probably that's why gerwin cut it short).
Well I suppose I will fix it too (I'm thinking of rearranging the tracks 3 and 4 along with making the 2nd one). I found converter software with decent soundfont so I will be able to convert the files myself from now on, but will also upload mid files for anyone who want to use different soundfont.

My youtube channel - flight sims new and old

Reply 42 of 53, by damson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Fixed Track03 and edited slightly both Track03 and Track04.
Put together Track02 (over 7 minutes), It's not final version (it's little sloppy), but for now it has to do, I want to have something to listen to while flying my Tie's.

I also converted the midi files using Chorium rev.A Soundfont, but anyone can use their own favourite as I included both .mid and .ogg files in the package.

@gerwin
I edited INFO.txt file, hope you don't mind. Please feel free to add your own converted .ogg files to the package as I would love to hear them converted with your fine Soundfont.

Anyway here's the download:
[download removed see edit]

I'm going to bed now, good night 😵

Edit:
Because the game engine cuts few seconds out of the .ogg tracks endings, I had to make them bit longer (~2sec) so the entire tracks would play correctly.

If anyone is interested here are fixed tracks:
2015_05_19_TIE_MUSIC.rar

My youtube channel - flight sims new and old

Reply 44 of 53, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
tonywar93 wrote:

When running Tie Fighter (1998) the mouse cursor is invisible. Any way to fix it?

I'm using Win 7 x64, dgVoodoo 2.44, replaced "D3DImm.dll" and "DDraw.dll" from MS folder.

Use software cursor.

http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_tie_fighte … _kind_of/post95

Reply 45 of 53, by Rookie_One

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

found a bug with the 3d patch for x-wing98, it seems that it deactivate the passage to the victory music when the mission is complete. Instead I get a silence when I complete the mission. SFX work fine and music before the "victory" condition work fine

Also, do you think you could do a small music restoration for X-Wing (music in concourse and better music for the cutscenes) ?

Should not be that much of a problem if i'm not mistaken, after all the music for everything is under the XWINGCD\MUSIC subfolder

Edit: I found a place where literraly all the midi file are, here : https://sites.google.com/site/stephen1297/latracks

Rerecording them should not be hard, but the biggest problem would be how to patch the intro, since it's one big wav file for the intro instead of multiple files

EDIT : screw what I said, I redownloaded the patch and it's working now, don't know what went wrong...if only someone now could rerecord the music now 🤣

Reply 46 of 53, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Rookie_One wrote:

do you think you could do a small music restoration for X-Wing (music in concourse and better music for the cutscenes) ?
Should not be that much of a problem if i'm not mistaken, after all the music for everything is under the XWINGCD\MUSIC subfolder

A guy named Pete Jatz is to be credited with the music patch for TIE Fighter 1998. He changed the executable by patching in code to start music files, code that was absent before. Maybe it is better to contact him first. My love for the X-Wing game is limited, since I tend to stick to TIE Fighter, the 1995 Collector's CD version.
Recording the Music is a simple task, I could do that. But the executable will need to be patched first...

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 47 of 53, by Darth_Flesh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The 3D patches aren't working on TIE or XvT for my Win 7 64; with Radeon R9 200.

( I already have Darksaber ship upgrades on XwA )

...and - where are ppl meeting up for MP? I never see anyone on game ranger...

The Universe arose from nothing; to the 1E9 decimal place of precision. No invisible magic skydaddy.

Reply 48 of 53, by KermitDeF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So, having only recently trying out to get Tie Fighter 98 working great, I came upon this problem. In the GoG edition, whether using aqrit or not, but by using dgVoodoo 2.45 (aqrit alone causes screen flickering for me), the game wants the original cd! I have the cd, as I have the original Tie98, and it is also installed. I am also using Win10 and have done all the Win10 fixing I have found.
3D enabled causes the game to crash still on Win10 however. I believe I got 3D working on my original Tie98 (non GoG) but I'll have to double check.
Anyways, could this dgVoodoo thing have something to do with my other installation conflicting somehow? This sudden cd-check happens whether I use the original GoG exe or patched (3d, reconstructed music, laser, etc.). If I place a valid labeled cd in, it runs perfectly as far as I can tell (except for 3D). Of course though, I want a clean perfect running copy with no cd (is that too much to ask?). When I use a clean install with the new win10 winmm.dll and stuff, it runs, but still screen flickering like using aqrit alone.

Reply 49 of 53, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@ KermitDeF and Darth_Flesh

The wrapper created for XWA now supports all the X-Wing games. Patching the game or using the aqrit ddraw is no longer needed but you have to enable "software cursor".

http://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3008/viewtopic … hp?f=10&t=11519

https://github.com/rdoeffinger/xwa_ddraw_d3d1 … d3d11_1.4.0.zip

Reply 50 of 53, by Darth_Flesh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Are there new fan patches for the GOG of X-wing, TIE fighter, and XvT?

I'm getting back into them on Win 10 (nVidia GeForce GTX960; AMD 8360 8 core) now that the Mandalorian Made Star Wars Great Again (hey, at least one thing was; if the US was made infinitely worse!)

The Universe arose from nothing; to the 1E9 decimal place of precision. No invisible magic skydaddy.

Reply 52 of 53, by Darth_Flesh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

They made my mouse cursor disappear. I had to verify old files and was put back to original GOG.com resolution. Blech.

Reply 53 of 53, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Create a shortcut to the game and add -softwarecursor to the target field. GOG modified the executable to remove the original cursor because they added a new one through their own wrapper adjusted for higher resolutions.