VOGONS

Reply 1160 of 1688, by Daemonrunner

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Falcosoft wrote on 2021-01-01, 19:53:

SC-VA has 64 voice polyphony independently from the selected mode (2 times the polyphony of SC-55 mkII). In this respect it is similar to SC-8820 that SC-VA emulates.

Cool!

Thanks for all the information you provided! Love the work you have done as well. I really like the versatility of your Midi Player.

Reply 1161 of 1688, by James-F

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Falcosoft wrote on 2021-01-01, 18:43:
James-F wrote on 2021-01-01, 14:49:

I think playlist times need a refresh when opening FSMP.

I do not think so since playlist times are always calculated real time (they are not loaded back from storage).

Sorry, I should have been clearer.
The Time table in the Playlist is not recalculated after opening FSMP, maybe it would be a good idea to recalculate them after opening FSMP?

Time.png
Filename
Time.png
File size
37.76 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

my important / useful posts are here

Reply 1162 of 1688, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
James-F wrote on 2021-01-02, 05:47:
Sorry, I should have been clearer. The Time table in the Playlist is not recalculated after opening FSMP, maybe it would be a go […]
Show full quote
Falcosoft wrote on 2021-01-01, 18:43:
James-F wrote on 2021-01-01, 14:49:

I think playlist times need a refresh when opening FSMP.

I do not think so since playlist times are always calculated real time (they are not loaded back from storage).

Sorry, I should have been clearer.
The Time table in the Playlist is not recalculated after opening FSMP, maybe it would be a good idea to recalculate them after opening FSMP?

Time.png

It is always recalculated after opening by a separate thread. It seems this thread is completely blocked/frozen on your system. I could never meet /reproduce such situation on my systems so far. So it is not a refreshing problem but a more serious issue. It would be good to find out what causes this problem.
Since when have you been experiencing this strange behavior? In version 5.8 more work is added to the thread in order to calculate also default Midi System (right next to time column). As can be seen on your screenshot this info is also missing so it's definitely a problem with this thread. Can you reproduce the issue also with version 5.7? Also what happens if you reset every setting of FSMP to default? Or if you change the files on playlist?
If the problem is caused by one of your 11 Midi files on your current playlist, please attach the files here.

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2021-01-02, 11:04. Edited 1 time in total.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 1163 of 1688, by James-F

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've reset to defaults and the Time is fixed now.
But I have a bigger and probably the most annoying thing I have experienced with FSMP.

How in the world I get rid of this damn thing? I'm trying for an hour now.

directsound.png
Filename
directsound.png
File size
2.86 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

my important / useful posts are here

Reply 1164 of 1688, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
James-F wrote on 2021-01-02, 10:24:
I've reset to defaults and the Time is fixed now. But I have a bigger and probably the most annoying thing I have experienced wi […]
Show full quote

I've reset to defaults and the Time is fixed now.
But I have a bigger and probably the most annoying thing I have experienced with FSMP.

How in the world I get rid of this damn thing? I'm trying for an hour now.
directsound.png

We have already discussed this one previously 😀
Re: Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
The point is:
1. The error message shows because you disabled all recording input sources.
2. You can avoid the error by either enabling a recording source or opening Device Settings dialog and pressing the minus sign next to Recording Source -> Input Port and finally pressing OK.

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2021-01-02, 10:50. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1166 of 1688, by xKingDukeNukemx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Falcosoft. I have to say I enjoy your work you've put in for awhile now. But I was wondering since newly developed VST's are only VST3's and since 2018 They no longer Issue license to Developers to distribute VST2.

I've Converted SEQ and VAB to MIDI and SF2 from various PS1 Games and I founded VST to emulate the Reverb, But.... PS1Reverb is only in VST3.

I was wandering If your able to bring VST3 Support to Soundfont Midi Player.

Reply 1167 of 1688, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
xKingDukeNukemx wrote on 2021-01-06, 22:51:

Hello Falcosoft. I have to say I enjoy your work you've put in for awhile now. But I was wondering since newly developed VST's are only VST3's and since 2018 They no longer Issue license to Developers to distribute VST2.

I've Converted SEQ and VAB to MIDI and SF2 from various PS1 Games and I founded VST to emulate the Reverb, But.... PS1Reverb is only in VST3.

Hi,
Unfortunately no since the underlying Bass VST library does not support VST3.

Reply 1168 of 1688, by xKingDukeNukemx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Falcosoft wrote on 2021-01-07, 00:13:

Hi,
Unfortunately no since the underlying Bass VST library does not support VST3.

Well at least I tried finding out. I'm not even sure why they did away with VST2 if they knew some midi players aren't compatible with VST3's.
I thought i'd point it out though. But thanks anyway.

Reply 1170 of 1688, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Hoppin wrote on 2021-02-01, 16:58:

Can anybody help me? Every time I close the midi player all of my midi files dissapear?

From where? From the playlist? Midi player itself has no feature to delete files so it definitely has nothing to do with disappearing 'Midi files'. You should tell more details about your problem. And of course you should also tell e.g. which version you have downloaded, where you have installed the folder of Midi player etc.

Reply 1171 of 1688, by Meowdori

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That's up to the Un4seen's BASS library, which handles all the VST-related processing. Your best bet is to ask Un4seen themselves on their own forums rather than Falco.

Reply 1172 of 1688, by igna78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello everyone, I apologize for leaving
the question that to the most capable may seem stupid, but I am only now starting to take my first steps in the MIDI field (midiplayer, plug-in vst and so on).
I have installed FSMP ver. 5.8 x64, I installed Sound Canvas VA and it works fine, MT-32 emulation via Munt-VTS also works fine, but I can't load the Yamaha S-YXG50 plug-in and I get an error message that the plug-in it's not 64bit .. I know it's 32bit and here's the problem: how can I use this plug-in in FSMP x64? Do I need to use the 32bit version of FSMP? In this last case can I make FSMP 32 and 64bit coexist (and how)? Thanks for your help

Reply 1173 of 1688, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
igna78 wrote on 2021-04-01, 22:23:

Hello everyone, I apologize for leaving
the question that to the most capable may seem stupid, but I am only now starting to take my first steps in the MIDI field (midiplayer, plug-in vst and so on).
I have installed FSMP ver. 5.8 x64, I installed Sound Canvas VA and it works fine, MT-32 emulation via Munt-VTS also works fine, but I can't load the Yamaha S-YXG50 plug-in and I get an error message that the plug-in it's not 64bit .. I know it's 32bit and here's the problem: how can I use this plug-in in FSMP x64? Do I need to use the 32bit version of FSMP? In this last case can I make FSMP 32 and 64bit coexist (and how)? Thanks for your help

Yes, you have to use the 32-bit version of Midi Player to use 32-bit plugins like S-YXG50. The older offline SC-VA installer also installs a 32-bit version of SC-VA and Munt VSTi also exists in the 32-bit version of Midi player's package. So actually you can use all necessary plugins with the 32-bit version. But of course you can also use the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Midi player simultaneously. You only have to extract the 32-bit and 64-bit version into different folders and then in the main menu-> Storage of Settings section you should select 'Store settings in INI file'. This way both versions will use their own settings in their own folders. Make sure you extract both version into a folder where writing files is enabled even for non-elevated ordinary users (e.g. desktop, but NOT Program Files or Program Files (x86) or similar system folders).

Reply 1176 of 1688, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vkcpolice wrote on 2021-04-20, 05:56:

Hi all does anyone know how you can change the instrument for all chs at once on the win 98 ver cheers

Hi, since it has not much practical usefulness to set all channels to same instrument there was no demand for this so far. I do not think any midi files would sound better with only Piano, Guitar, Bass on all channels.... Also 'all channels' is a little bit confusing since I do not think you also mean drum channels (be aware that in case of GS/XG/GM2 you can have more than 1 drum channel, not only channel 10) .

But you can change Banks on all channels at once since this way you can test different Banks with different instrument sets. This can be useful to test different soundfonts or even different modes (SC-55, SC-88 etc.) on later Roland devices.

@Edit:
OK, I have added your requested feature. You can download the new test version from here. (For Win9x you need the x86 version. You jut have to overwrite the old exe with this new one):
https://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_59_test.zip

1. Open 'Main menu-> Patch Change Hotkeys'
2. On the top of the dialog select 'Enable Patch Change Hotkeys (0..9)' and 'Send messages to All Channels' options.
3. Then set hotkeys to your your desired instrument(s). You can set 10 presets. E.g set 0 to piano (program 0), set 1 to guitar (program 24) etc. Finally press OK on the dialog.
4. Now when you play Midi files or games from Midi Input you can press 0..9 hotkeys to change instruments on all channels to your predefined ones.

Warning: The default drum channel 10 is skipped, but if other channels are used as drum they are also changed!
Also in order these numeric hotkeys to work make sure Midi Player is the active application and select a control that does not accept numeric input. E.g. playlist , volume, balance sliders etc. are good.

Reply 1177 of 1688, by vkcpolice

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

wow thankyou so much i will be checking this out shortly sorry the program i was using was https://chrishills.org.uk/ChrisHills/midiplay/
i think its a old midiplayer. im very new to the midi hobby so i dont know a whole lot about it but on the software i linked it let you change all instruments to say square wave this sounded really cool on some midi files but i dont know if it was changing the drums as well i dont think it was but i liked your software cause it showed a keyboard

Reply 1178 of 1688, by vkcpolice

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hi i just tested this sorry but the patch does not seem to work followed your instructions it still only changes the first ch
edit: i got it working sort of...
the hot keys really mess with the playlist and other functions of the program.
its sort of working but not as nice as an easy drop down menu to change the instruments like the other program.
i thank you very much for putting in the time and effort to try to make a patch so fast for me but it does not really work all that great.