VOGONS

Reply 1180 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
FE345 wrote on 2021-05-14, 16:16:

can sombody help me im hearing weird vibrato a like in sc 88 mod is it my mid file or something else ? (this happend when i use all sf2 file not happend in midi mapper and vst)

Hi,
This is a Bassmidi problem, you can find more info about it here:
https://www.un4seen.com/forum/?topic=18625.ms … 34939#msg134939

In the topic referred above you can find Bassmidi versions that cure the problem somewhat. But as for me I suggest to use the older version that can be found in older versions of FSMP:
https://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_57.zip
https://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_57_x64.zip

PS: Soon I will release a new version of FSMP with older versions of Bass/Bassmidi libraries since I do not like the way this and other problems are handled by new versions...

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2021-05-31, 12:46. Edited 1 time in total.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 1181 of 1699, by Limyx826

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is it possible to add looping for certain midi files that already have loop markers within it. I had no idea how or what loop marker were added within those midi but I knew that they are capable of looping certain part over and over again as shown within other midi player. Attached are one of those midi.

Attachments

• Filename
    th06_13.7z
    File size
    11.57 KiB
    Downloads
    59 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1182 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Limyx826 wrote on 2021-05-29, 09:50:

Is it possible to add looping for certain midi files that already have loop markers within it. I had no idea how or what loop marker were added within those midi but I knew that they are capable of looping certain part over and over again as shown within other midi player. Attached are one of those midi.

Hi,
Which other Midi player player are you talking about? Are you sure it's not a custom loop in that player that is not actually in the Midi file itself? As far I can tell there are no markers in this file at all that even remotely resemble any known loop method I have met so far. I could only find some text events that are in a non-western language.
At least you should tell what are the exact times when the loop starts and ends in your 'other' player so I can investigate the exact positions.

Reply 1183 of 1699, by Limyx826

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Falcosoft wrote on 2021-05-29, 10:47:

Hi,
Which other Midi player player are you talking about?

Well the MIDI player I was talking about is actually the foo_midi component for foobar2000, they have some setting for looping that seem to affect Touhou MIDIs. I not well verse in MIDI standard so I apologize for mistaken the terminology and the mechanics.

At least you should tell what are the exact times when the loop starts and ends in your 'other' player so I can investigate the exact positions.

Also from my observation it is around 0:30 for the file I attached.

Reply 1184 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Limyx826 wrote on 2021-05-29, 15:24:
Well the MIDI player I was talking about is actually the foo_midi component for foobar2000, they have some setting for looping t […]
Show full quote

Hi,
Which other Midi player player are you talking about?

Well the MIDI player I was talking about is actually the foo_midi component for foobar2000, they have some setting for looping that seem to affect Touhou MIDIs. I not well verse in MIDI standard so I apologize for mistaken the terminology and the mechanics.

Also from my observation it is around 0:30 for the file I attached.

OK, I have found the description about Touhou on Foo_midi's interface. According to this the Loops are defined by CC#2 (loop start) and CC#4 (loop end). It is somewhat strange since these controllers are defined as Breath and Foot pedal controllers... I have added them anyway since in case of problems loops can be disabled in Main menu -> Loop Settings.
You can download the new test versions from here (only the exe files are in the zip. You just have to rewrite the old exe files in an older full package):
https://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_60_test.zip

Reply 1185 of 1699, by Limyx826

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Falcosoft wrote on 2021-05-29, 18:19:

You can download the new test versions from here (only the exe files are in the zip. You just have to rewrite the old exe files in an older full package):

I had test the new version and this detected the loop perfectly, though I would recommend making those loop setting as separate as you mention they are defined as Breath and Foot pedal controllers. I think this is because of Touhou MIDIs are using non standard MIDI format.

Reply 1186 of 1699, by Limyx826

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I noticed you added a new detection for the MIDI SysEx as there is a new SysEx label in my playlist called "gm (MS)" that weren't there in version 5.8.

On a side note, is it possible to add detection like this for MT32 MIDIs so it is easier to identify them. Attached are one of those MIDIs:

Attachments

Reply 1187 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Limyx826 wrote on 2021-05-30, 06:12:

I noticed you added a new detection for the MIDI SysEx as there is a new SysEx label in my playlist called "gm (MS)" that weren't there in version 5.8.

On a side note, is it possible to add detection like this for MT32 MIDIs so it is easier to identify them. Attached are one of those MIDIs:

Midi file detection works by SysEx messages since these are the only messages in Midi specification that can tell you something about the hardware the Midi file was intended to play on. Your file contains no SysEx messages at all so 'you know' it's for MT-32 but the file itself is a pure generic Midi file and tells you nothing about the destination hardware device.
MT-32 MIdi files that contain MT-32 SysEx messages are already detected.
More Info by Scali:
Re: Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi

Reply 1188 of 1699, by Limyx826

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Falcosoft wrote on 2021-05-30, 08:19:
Midi file detection works by SysEx messages since these are the only messages in Midi specification that can tell you something […]
Show full quote

Midi file detection works by SysEx messages since these are the only messages in Midi specification that can tell you something about the hardware the Midi file was intended to play on. Your file contains no SysEx messages at all so 'you know' it's for MT-32 but the file itself is a pure generic Midi file and tells you nothing about the destination hardware device.
MT-32 MIdi files that contain MT-32 SysEx messages are already detected.
More Info by Scali:
Re: Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi

Thanks for the explanation and clarification. This would mean that those MIDIs I have are simple generic MIDI files that are made specifically for MT32. Thanks again.

Reply 1189 of 1699, by DEAT

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I like how accurate the MIDI playback is for this compared to WinAmp 5.35 for recording from various soundcards I have acquired, but there's a few quality-of-life features that this requires that prevents me from using it. If these can be added at some point that would be greatly appreciated:

1) Being able to set a delay at the end of each track - this is important because a lot of notes tend to slowly release and I want to capture clean recordings of each song, more often than not depending on the track and soundcard it will play the next track on the playlist while notes are still playing. I use 10000ms for WinAmp as this covers all bases while allowing me to edit recording sessions easily
2) Being able to load and save playlists
3) Not automatically replaying playlists after it has finished - why is there a repeat one button but no repeat all button?

Reply 1191 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DEAT wrote on 2021-06-02, 04:04:
Hello, […]
Show full quote

Hello,

I like how accurate the MIDI playback is for this compared to WinAmp 5.35 for recording from various soundcards I have acquired, but there's a few quality-of-life features that this requires that prevents me from using it. If these can be added at some point that would be greatly appreciated:

1) Being able to set a delay at the end of each track - this is important because a lot of notes tend to slowly release and I want to capture clean recordings of each song, more often than not depending on the track and soundcard it will play the next track on the playlist while notes are still playing. I use 10000ms for WinAmp as this covers all bases while allowing me to edit recording sessions easily
2) Being able to load and save playlists
3) Not automatically replaying playlists after it has finished - why is there a repeat one button but no repeat all button?

Hi,
1. Right click on the Playlist area -> Pause between Songs. You can select None, 1, 2, 3 sec. pause.
2. Also right click on the Playlist area -> Save Playlist. You can add/load playlist (.mpl) files as all other supported files.
3. Also right click on the Playlist area and deselect Repeat All Playlist.

Overall it seems you just missed the right click context menu of the playlist.
FYI: There are many other areas in the player where contextual options are implemented by right click context menus.

@Edit:
I have added a 5 sec. pause option to 'Pause between songs'. I think 10 sec. is overly pessimistic even in case of recordings and reverb/chorus at max.

Reply 1192 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It may seem strange but as you can see I skipped version 5.9 completely and the new test version is already 6.0. It's because many things changed, not only the above hot fixes were added:

1. Added title/row numbering to playlist (resulted in many changes + new icon).
2. Selected ordering mode (by clicking on playlist's column header) is now reflected on playlist's column header.
3. Added capability to edit Meta and SysEx events in Event viewer/Debugger.
4. Implemented save Midi Text/Lyrics as Lyrics (*.lrc) or simple text file. (if you save Midi to MP3 now you can have timed lyrics in MP3 players that support .lrc files).
5. Improved file type detection. Now you can load supported files with any (even unknown) extensions.
6. Added displaying detected format and original extension to Event Debugger.
7. Added sample rate selection to non-Bass recording mode.
8. In shuffle mode Next also shuffles and Prev jumps back to previously played files.
9. Shuffle and Repeat states are now saved and restored.
10. Added MS sign to Mode column of Playlist in case of detected Base/Extended MS specific channel setup.
11. Added force manual mode/override message for Program Change messages.
12. Added 'Send messages to all channels' option to Patch hotkeys.
13. Added capability of loading/saving embedded Soundfonts in case of Riff Midi files. You can also save such files from the Event viewer/Debugger. Both Bassmidi and Sound Blaster hardware devices are supported. (new test file GRABBAG_EmbeddedSF2.rmi can be found in the test zip)
13. Fixed Midi input related MT-32 game problems.
14. Fixed prevented shutdown in minimized mode.
15. Added basic (title, date, comment) ID3 v1 tags to converted MP3.
16. Fixed Mids/Mds parsing for files that have 0 formatflags.
17. Fixed recalculation of playlist items overall time in case of drag & drop operations (delete related error).
18. Added 8-bit bitmap option to Visualization form (only to x86 version since its main goal is to provide better performance for retro systems).
19. Added proper palette handling to Visualization form in 8-bit screen mode. (only to x86 version since it is also for retro systems).
20. Added Tohou Loop points support (CC#2/4)
21. Reverted Bass libraries (later in full version).

Any feedback is welcome.

@Edit: Added alternative 1 based Program numbering scheme to Main menu->Compatibility settings.

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2021-06-04, 13:03. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1193 of 1699, by Stretch

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

In FSMP, is there a way to filter Controller 0 and Controller 32 but only on channel 10?

I remapped the percussion banks from the "E-mu General MIDI.exb" banks from the X Producer CD in Proteus VX, but have to manually adjust channel 10 otherwise.

Win 11 - Intel i7-1360p - 32 GB - Intel Iris Xe - Sound BlasterX G5

Reply 1194 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Stretch wrote on 2021-06-02, 23:51:

In FSMP, is there a way to filter Controller 0 and Controller 32 but only on channel 10?

I remapped the percussion banks from the "E-mu General MIDI.exb" banks from the X Producer CD in Proteus VX, but have to manually adjust channel 10 otherwise.

1. If you want to filter Controller 0 and Controller 32 together with Program changes then you can do this by first selecting channel 10 and then pressing the little 'Force manual Mode' button on the right hand side of the 'Program' selector (available in the new test version.).

2. If you want to filter only Controller 0 and Controller 32 but you want to receive Program change messages for different Drum kits you have 2 options:
a. First select channel 10 then set the 'User' Controller number to 0 and press 'Force Manual Mode' next to it. Then set the 'User' Controller number to 32 and do the same with it.
b. You define an Instrument definition file for this or use an existing one if it is good for you. E.g. 'Roland SCVA-55 Drumsets' filters all Bank select messages on Channel 10. For melodic channels you can select e.g. Roland SC-VA 8820 since it defines many GS instruments.
So select the proper instrument definition in Main menu -> Custom Patch definitions and also select 'Use Patch Info for Capital Tone Fallback'.

Reply 1195 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
Munt VSTi 2.6 has been released.

version 2.6

1. Added newest Munt core library version 2.5.
2. Added Nice Pan default/On/Off switch (default means on for GM mode and off for MT-32 mode).
3. Added Dual Synth mode On/Off switch. Also on the interface 2nd synth's channels are grayed when not active.
4. Added React to GM/GS Reset messages On/Off switch.
5. Added SFX Drum preset. It's only activated when you send GS compatible program change 56 (SFX kit) to channel 10 and CM-32 ROM is loaded.
6. Fixed some character and multi-line related problems of SysEx message display.
7. Fixed some SysEx messages related problems with DOS games (Conquests of Camelot, Space Quest 3, Stealth Affair).

Thanks to grommit2007 for extensive testing.

https://falcosoft.hu/munt_vsti.zip

Reply 1199 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2021-06-11, 23:18:

What do if need two MT-32 synths in force mode ?
Now work or two GM synths , or if I manualy reset MT-32 mode as dual synth.
What be if need two MT-32 synth always ?

You can have 2 MT-32 synths always if you do not send MT-32 Reset. By sending MT-32 reset (like games and original MT-32 Midi files) you send a signal that you want a state that is compatible with original hardware.
If you always want 2 MT-32 synths you can send a GM OFF reset. (F0 7E 7F 09 02 F7).
And for 2 GM synths you can send GM ON reset (F0 7E 7F 09 01 F7).
'React to GM/GS Resets' option has to be enabled for both of course.