VOGONS

Reply 1201 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2021-06-12, 12:10:

Good , but mybe there is meaning , easy add chekbox always two synths ? For work as was be before )
If this possible )

N0, since it's not necessary. Actually from practical viewpoint it works the same as before. In previous versions sent MT-32 SysEx messages also 'disabled' the 2nd synth in the sense that no messages were received on the 2nd synth since all channels were configured exactly like the 1st and the 1st synth always had priority. So from a user's perspective there is no difference when 'Dual Synth' option is enabled compared to previous versions.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 1202 of 1699, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Filename
Shout Ver 3.0-sc8820-v2-mt.zip
File size
12.77 KiB
Downloads
68 downloads
File license
GPL-2.0-or-later

But , so diffirence there is , special where there need play 16 parts MT-32 MIDI , so there there MIDI by look as GM , but use only MT-32 instruments on all 16 channels.

So F0 41 10 16 12 7F 01 F7 F0 7E 7F 09 02 F7 can , but so uncomfortable

Reply 1203 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2021-06-12, 15:00:

Shout Ver 3.0-sc8820-v2-mt.zipBut , so diffirence there is , special where there need play 16 parts MT-32 MIDI , so there there MIDI by look as GM , but use only MT-32 instruments on all 16 channels.

So F0 41 10 16 12 7F 01 F7 F0 7E 7F 09 02 F7 can , but so uncomfortable

No, there is no difference between the old and new version in this respect. Actually there is no such thing that you could do in the old versions but you can not in the new version.
With your attached Midi file the 2nd synth remains silent even in the old versions, because you included an unnecessary MT-32 reset.
Here is a screenshot using the previous version 2.5. As you can see from the 'Active Partials' data both synths are silent when the file sends data to channel 11. It's because you included an unnecessary MT-32 reset. Remove it or replace it with a GM OFF and both versions (old/new) plays it with MT-32 instruments on all channels

munt1.jpg
Filename
munt1.jpg
File size
244.32 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Here is one that works perfectly with 16 channels MT-32 instruments with both new and old versions:

Filename
Shout Ver 3.0-sc8820-v2GMOFF.zip
File size
13.06 KiB
Downloads
73 downloads
File license
Public domain
Last edited by Falcosoft on 2021-06-12, 15:45. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1204 of 1699, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes , but if I do reset so , all works ) , but in version 2.4 this reset not need ) , there need standard MT-32 for work all channels )

Attachments

Reply 1205 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2021-06-12, 15:45:

Yes , but if I do reset so , all works ) , but in version 2.4 this reset not need ) , there need standard MT-32 for work all channels )

This is not true 😀 . Both versions need the same resets for same configurations. Show me a video about the difference on your side.

Make sure 'Dual Synth' option is enabled in new version. With this option enabled the new version behaves exactly like old versions. The only difference is that in the new version there is an option to not enable dual synth mode.

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2021-06-12, 16:12. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1206 of 1699, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Filename
bandicam 2021-06-12 21-03-36-651.part1.rar
File size
5 MiB
Downloads
55 downloads
File license
GPL-2.0-or-later
Filename
bandicam 2021-06-12 21-03-36-651.part2.rar
File size
4.08 MiB
Downloads
50 downloads
File license
GPL-2.0-or-later

You can see )

Reply 1207 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2021-06-12, 16:10:

bandicam 2021-06-12 21-03-36-651.part1.rar
bandicam 2021-06-12 21-03-36-651.part2.rar
You can see )

No, I can not see any difference since you only included your test with version 2.5. Version 2.6 would behave the same way.

Reply 1209 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2021-06-12, 16:22:

But , in include files version 2.3

What? The point is that both versions react the same way to SysEx messages. Many DAWs do not send SysEx messages to VST Instruments at all. E.g. Cakewalk is one such DAW. Version 2.5 would also shut off 2nd synth when it REALLY receives an MT-32 reset the same way as version 2.6. So let's finish this pointless debate...

@EDit:
OK, here is my test video. As you can see both old and new versions behave the same with your file if your host really sends the Sysex message...
https://youtu.be/G1eMo6Z1SAo

Reply 1211 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have added Midi data recording/sequencing from Midi input capability . You can find the 'Record' button in Even viewer/Debugger dialog. All records always contain 16 tracks representing the 16 channels.
https://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_60_test.zip

Please, test it.

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2021-06-18, 21:01. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1212 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
I have also added support for 'XG Display Letters' SysEx messages. Both local playback and Midi Input work (e.g. Settlers 2 uses such messages when XG output is selected). Here are some Midi files for testing . You should open the Midi Text/Lyrics dialog to see the messages.
Download location is the same as above.

Filename
XG_Display_Letters.zip
File size
139.96 KiB
Downloads
70 downloads
File license
Public domain

Tip: You should use S-YXG50 VSTi as output to listen to these Midi files.

Reply 1213 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

FSMP version 6.0 has been released:
https://falcosoft.hu/softwares.html#midiplayer
Test version is no longer available.

version 6.0

1. Added title/row numbering to playlist.
2. Added Midi data recording/sequencing from Midi input capability . You can find the 'Record' button in Event viewer/Debugger dialog.
3. Added capability to edit Meta and SysEx events in Event viewer/Debugger.
4. Added saving Midi Text/Lyrics as Lyrics (*.lrc) or simple text files (if you save Midi to Mp3 now you can have timed lyrics in Mp3 players that support .lrc files).
5. Added capability of loading/saving embedded Soundfonts in case of Riff Midi files. You can save such files from the Event viewer/Debugger.
6. Improved file type detection. Now you can load supported files with any (even unknown) extensions.
7. Added displaying detected format and original extension to Event viewer/Debugger.
8. Added sample rate selection to Device Settings dialog for non-Bass recording mode.
9. In shuffle mode Next also shuffles and Prev jumps back to previously played files.
10. Shuffle and Repeat states are now saved and restored.
11. Added MS sign to Mode column of Playlist in case of detected Base/Extended MS specific channel setup.
12. Added support for XG Display Letters and MT-32 LCD SysEx messages. You can see them in Text/Lyrics dialog. Both local playback and Midi Input work.
13. Selected ordering mode (by clicking on playlist's column header) is now reflected on playlist's column header.
14. Added force manual mode/override message for Program Change messages.
15. Added 'Send messages to all channels' option to Patch hotkeys.
16. Added Tohou Loop points support (CC# 2/4)
17. Added basic ID3 v1 tags to converted Mp3 files. This helps Minilyrics to associate Lyrics to Mp3 files.
18. Fixed Mids/Mds parsing for files that have 0 formatflags.
19. Fixed Midi input related MT-32 game problems.
20. Fixed prevented system shutdown when started in minimized to tray mode.
21. Fixed recalculation of playlist items overall time in case of drag & drop operations (delete related error).
22. Added Munt VSTi 2.6.
23. Reverted Bass libraries because of some bugs in newer versions.
24. Added 8-bit bitmap option to Visualization form (only to x86 version since its main goal is to provide better performance for retro systems).
25. Added proper palette handling to Visualization form in 8-bit screen mode. (only to x86 version since it is also for retro systems).
26. Other minor fixes and enhancements.
+1
Added 0/1 based Program numbering options to Compatibility Settings. Typically hardware devices use 1 based numbering (1-128) while software usually use 0 (0-127) .

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2021-06-18, 22:42. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1215 of 1699, by Meowdori

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Did the version 6.0 break the startup/exit to tray mode? I keep the "Start with Windows (System Tray)" option checked, yet it won't start up minimised to tray anymore and when I click the window close button, it won't get minimised into the tray - it terminates instead. Unless there's a different option to enable it that I'm somehow forgetting now.

Reply 1216 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Meowdori wrote on 2021-06-22, 20:33:

Did the version 6.0 break the startup/exit to tray mode? I keep the "Start with Windows (System Tray)" option checked, yet it won't start up minimised to tray anymore and when I click the window close button, it won't get minimised into the tray - it terminates instead. Unless there's a different option to enable it that I'm somehow forgetting now.

No, I have just checked and both x86 and x64 versions work perfectly in this respect. But be aware that this version's path has changed since inside the zip package the upmost directory's name is now 'Midiplayer6' instead of 'Midiplayer5'.
First try to disable and re-enable the 'Start with Windows (System Tray)' option. This should fix the path difference described above.
If this does not cure your problem you can try to test it directly on your desktop by creating a shortcut to Midiplayer.exe with the /tray option.
"MidiPlayer.exe /tray". Launch it and look at what happens. Then report back . If it is loaded into tray even with a shortcut then exit to tray should work also. But if you start directly without the /tray option then after pressing close it should NOT minimize to tray but it should terminate normally as you described. There is a 'Minimize to System Tray' option in main menu for that instead. This works the same way as in previous versions.

You can also check what path and option can be found at the MidiPlayer section in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Reply 1217 of 1699, by Meowdori

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It works as intended. It was my bad memory, i forgot that the mode i expect it to start with is triggered using the

/tray

CLI switch, because i manually created new shortcuts, completely forgetting about that. Thank you, issue solved! <3

PS i'm loving all the little improvements version 6.0 brings!
PS 2. There's a slight typo in the latest changelog on your site (should be Touhou instead of Tohou) 😁

Last edited by Meowdori on 2021-06-23, 07:56. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1218 of 1699, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Falcosoft wrote on 2021-06-22, 21:32:
No, I have just checked and both x86 and x64 versions work perfectly in this respect. But be aware that this version's path has […]
Show full quote
Meowdori wrote on 2021-06-22, 20:33:

No, I have just checked and both x86 and x64 versions work perfectly in this respect. But be aware that this version's path has changed since inside the zip package the upmost directory's name is now 'Midiplayer6' instead of 'Midiplayer5'.
First try to disable and re-enable the 'Start with Windows (System Tray)' option. This should fix the path difference described above.
If this does not cure your problem you can try to test it directly on your desktop by creating a shortcut to Midiplayer.exe with the /tray option.
"MidiPlayer.exe /tray". Launch it and look at what happens. Then report back . If it is loaded into tray even with a shortcut then exit to tray should work also. But if you start directly without the /tray option then after pressing close it should NOT minimize to tray but it should terminate normally as you described. There is a 'Minimize to System Tray' option in main menu for that instead. This works the same way as in previous versions.

You can also check what path and option can be found at the MidiPlayer section in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Does it also store the path to the config files (that are selected with /3 etc)?

Reply 1219 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kolderman wrote on 2021-06-23, 07:55:

Does it also store the path to the config files (that are selected with /3 etc)?

No. Config files, SysEx files, Instrument definition files, the main ini file are handled internally as relative paths. This ensures the portability of FSMP. But 'Start with Windows' is different since Windows requires an absolute path to launch FSMP at OS startup. I have argued earlier that a portable app should not make such a registry entry since there is no 'uninstall' process to remove it and you can move FSMP's directory freely . But others convinced me that this option would have larger practical benefit. And to 'uninstall' this registry entry you can simply disable this option. Not a big deal.