User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
I have re-uploaded the test version of FSMP 4.6
http://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_46_test.zip

New feature added:
VST effect plugins can be associated with BassMidi's User FX (CC 94). This way globally not so useful effects (such as distortion, overdrive etc.) can be used e.g. only with guitar channels.
This feature works only with Bassmidi output and not with VSTi instruments.
A test video about this feature:
https://youtu.be/Lm4RKXAMOUE

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 321 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
FSMP 4.6 (including MuntVsti 2.0 and OPL3Vsti 1.1) is released
http://falcosoft.hu/softwares.html#midiplayer

The only bigger change not documented so far in this topic is that I have added internal floating point rendering option to MuntVsti 2.0. Floating point mode can result in less accuracy and high CPU usage. But it has better output quality and lower noise level.

Reply 322 of 1690, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Falcosoft
Thank you, now work as crystal sound)
But, if use 32 bit internal render appears clipping.
Sound clipped, only if use 32 bit Floating-point Intrnal Rendering

Attachments

• Filename
    example.zip
    File size
    4.23 KiB
    Downloads
    66 downloads
    File comment
    Example music
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 323 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your clipping issue. Please try with FSMP also set to 32 bit floating point or set your host to 32 bit FP. But setting Output Gain to lower value can also cure your problem.
Are you sure it is a clipping issue and not a too high CPU usage problem ?
With 128 (2*64) maximum partials in floating point mode even a 3GHz Core2/Phenom II can have problems!

Reply 324 of 1690, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Falcosoft
Yes , I sure what problem in gain level in mode with 32 bit floating point , because the i have i7-3770K @ 3.6 Ghz.

Attachments

• Filename
    video.rar
    File size
    4.72 MiB
    Downloads
    61 downloads
    File comment
    Video with output levels
    File license
  • Filename
    recs.mp3
    File size
    2.22 MiB
    Downloads
    63 downloads
    File comment
    olume levels.
    First record without 32 Bit Floating Point
    Second record with 32 Bit Floating Point
    File license

Reply 325 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

'Pure' DAC mode is not applicable to Floating point mode. Compare the levels in 'High Quality' mode. They should be similar. Also 'clipping' is usually not a problem with floating point mode since samples outside the normal -1..+1 range can be handled and normalized without problems (no information is lost unlike in integer modes).

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2017-04-11, 13:32. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 327 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Because you like the 'half volume' output better 😀

From Munt source:
MT32EMU_DAC_INPUT_MODE(PURE):
* Produces samples that exactly match the bits output from the emulated LA32.
* Nicer overdrive characteristics than the DAC hacks (it simply clips samples within range)
* Much less likely to overdrive than any other mode.
* Half the volume of any of the other modes.
* Output gain is ignored for both LA32 and reverb output.
* Perfect for developers while debugging 😀

Anyway there's a better topic to discuss the floating-point render mode of Munt:
Request for floating point arithmetic version

Reply 328 of 1690, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes, but if in Pure I set gain as 200%, overload or clipping not will be.
You will be surprised, but noise will need what would sound be as Real MT-32/MT-100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma27tzb6AHU

Reply 329 of 1690, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What is it? I got confused in the logic of the Reverse Stereo check mark. I wish she did not work the way she does now. Now you put Reverse Stereo MT-32 and you get the correct output of the left and right channels 0 - left 127 - right. But at the same time, the GM regime is being reversed, but this is definitely not to be expected.

Reply 330 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have just checked and it works as it should. Nothing changed. Reverse Stereo mode enabled always means 0: left; 127: right and vice versa. It does not depend on GM/MT32 mode.

Reply 331 of 1690, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Two question )
1) What for you making max volume and max reverb as 200% ? Logical what this no normal )
2) What for you making layout per synths as :
MT-32 LA synth 1 channels 2-10
MT-32 LA synth 2 channels 1,11-16
and at the same time :
MT-32 GM synth 1 1-8.10
MT-32 GM synth 2 9-16
What for you so do ?
I offer do so :
MT-32 LA synth 1 channels 2-10
MT-32 LA synth 2 channels 1,11-16
and at the same time :
MT-32 GM synth 1 2-10
MT-32 GM synth 2 1,11-16
What for? Because in GM there is music wherein used also as MT-32 channels 2-10 , this usually old music.

Reply 332 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

1. That's not 'Volume' but 'Gain'. Google for the difference.
But here's the expalnation from Munt's publicly availabe source:
* Sets output gain factor for synth output channels. Applied to all output samples and unrelated with the synth's volume,
* it rather corresponds to the gain of the output analog circuitry of the hardware units. However, together with mt32emu_set_reverb_output_gain()
* it offers to the user a capability to control the gain of reverb and non-reverb output channels independently.

In your free time you should download and study Munt's source if you are interested in the details so much.

2. Because the Roland supplied MT-TO-GM SysEx pack uses this channel layout and this SysEx pack still can be sent to MuntVsti. I don't want to handle different GM layouts just because Roland User wants me to do.

Roland User: Please leave me alone. I've had enough of your never ending pseudo-problems. You started to be very annoying. From now on I ignore your posts.

Reply 333 of 1690, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Falcosoft wrote:
1. That's not 'Volume' but 'Gain'. Google for the difference. But here's the expalnation from Munt's publicly availabe source: * […]
Show full quote

1. That's not 'Volume' but 'Gain'. Google for the difference.
But here's the expalnation from Munt's publicly availabe source:
* Sets output gain factor for synth output channels. Applied to all output samples and unrelated with the synth's volume,
* it rather corresponds to the gain of the output analog circuitry of the hardware units. However, together with mt32emu_set_reverb_output_gain()
* it offers to the user a capability to control the gain of reverb and non-reverb output channels independently.

If possible, explain the logic.
I understand this: The value of Gain should mean the same thing that the volume control on the MT-32 did. That is 100% full volume and this is the maximum value of the overall volume. Re-amplification is not possible, because the hardware had no such possibility. If I'm wrong, correct it.

Falcosoft wrote:

2. Because the Roland supplied MT-TO-GM SysEx pack uses this channel layout and this SysEx pack still can be sent to MuntVsti. I don't want to handle different GM layouts just because Roland User wants me to do.

I offered to do this only because in the very first games and in the very first GM compatible songs, the initial channel was still 2, not 1 ... so they did it on purpose that it was possible to listen to MT-32 as well. Thus it turns out that if we play a game in which we listen to GM music through MUNT, we use not one but two synthesizers at once because the 9th channel is on the second synthesizer. In this way, we get what you have struggled so hard to do. That is, the CPU load is increased only because the 9th channel tool is used on the second port.

Falcosoft wrote:

Roland User: Please leave me alone. I've had enough of your never ending pseudo-problems. You started to be very annoying. From now on I ignore your posts.

From you is a little strange to hear, because I asked a little bit about the other.
I asked about the logic of the volume and reverb value beyond 100% where 100% is the absolute maximum. I did not know that the MUNT provided for a gain above the maximum. And I do not understand why this is done.

Sorry.
I will only say that I have a very good impression of you.

Reply 334 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Doom E1M1 with Bassmidi (Reality_GMGS_falcomod.sf2) and Amplitube LE VST:
https://youtu.be/dCI1tnWb590

Reply 335 of 1690, by James-F

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Falco, I don't want to be pushy but having no minimize button is a real pain with multiple FSMP instances.
I have to click the icon on the task bar, then right click the proper FSMP instance I want to minimize, and only then click minimize.
Using Alt+Space on an "in focus" FSMP instance will not let me select Minimize because FSMP window don't have one.
If you will, please take that in consideration.

my important / useful posts are here

Reply 336 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have to click the icon on the task bar, then right click the proper FSMP instance I want to minimize, and only then click minimize.

No, you do not have to. You should use (right click on caption) Main menu -> Minimize on the instance you would like to minimize instead. But I will add a shortcut.
Ps: Invoking Main menu by right clicking and pressing 'M' also works.

Reply 338 of 1690, by b_rros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
James-F wrote:
How to utilize FSMP capital tone fallback with Dosbox and SC-VA: […]
Show full quote

How to utilize FSMP capital tone fallback with Dosbox and SC-VA:

First download latest FSMP development version from the first post.
You have to have loopMIDI or MIDI-Yoke as virtual midi cable.
Optional: Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth to set default MIDI MAPPER.

* Create two loop cables with loopMIDI (IN to FSMP, OUT from FSMP)

1. Set default MIDI MAPPER in Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth so that Dosbox outputs its midi signal to it automatically.

Default MAPPER.png

2. In FSMP setting activate the Input Midi and set it to the desired input midi cable from which Dosbox will send midi signals, and Output Midi to what will enter SC-VA.
You can always use Soundfonts if you like instead of SC-VA.

FSMP 1.png

3. Select Custom Patch Definitions and choose SC-VA.ins and the proper SC-XX model you are going to set in SC-VA "Map Mode" (SC-55 in most cases).
Make sure you select "Use Patch Info for Capital Tone Fallback".

FSMP 2.png
FSMP 3.png

4. Set SAVIHost Midi Input to what you set in FSMP as Midi Output, and set SC-VA "Map Mode" to whatever you set the instrument map in FSMP (preferably SC-55).

FSMP 4.png

Dosbox -> loopMIDI In -> FSMP > loopMIDI Out -> SC-VA.

You can do the same with a retro PC and any Synth hardware.
PC -> USB-MIDI In -> Laptop with FSMP -> USB-MIDI Out -> Hardware MIDI Synth.

Yes, CTF works and all the games that have wrong bank variation with capital only instruments, or wrong patch number on the Drum track are fixed without modifying the game.
The problematic games: Sound Driver Enhancement Hacks - General MIDI

This is useful not only with games but also with midi music files that are corrupt or badly programmed with wrong CC#0 and/or CC#32 values.
I just leave the CTF feature enabled at all times and route all my midi through FSMP to SC-VA or SC-55 hardware.
I use Midi-OX to parallel the Midi Output from FSMP to both SC-VA and SC-55 for testing.

Sorry for replying to this old post, but If I use Falcosoft Midi Player VSTi plugins to run Sound Canvas VA I just need one midi port created in loop midi, right? I will use VSTi as midi out and in the midi in the port I use the one I create in loop midi (and that's the one I use with dosbox). Something like this:

zeaEnN1.jpg

Reply 339 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, exactly.
Have you got a problem with this setup?