Hello, im having a problem. […]
Show full quote
Peixoto wrote on 2020-07-30, 17:24:
post your error.log, please […]
Show full quote
pepodmc wrote on 2020-07-29, 20:03:
I cant make "Texture dumping" work in the final version. […]
Show full quote

I cant make "Texture dumping" work in the final version.

Can you test with the release version, please? Forced resolution doesnt do anything also.

Perhaps im doing something wrong.

Can you tell me step by step what to do?

post your error.log, please

edit: Just tested the full version and everything works. You can even create a Direct3D 9 entry and use it with nglide. That's good because there is no fog on Direct3D

Please read the documentation carefully

Hello, im having a problem.

Im using the Nglide wrapper to dx9 method. And you can dump and replace textures and works Ok in the first race.
But if you restart the race, then the replaced textures are in places you didnt put them. Sometimes its after restarting the race once , or after restarting 3 or 4 times, but it will happen. Sometimes when you go from one race to another too. Sometimes break some text in the race selection screen too.

Can you fix it? I will give you a link with some textures dumped and replaced so you can try to replicate the bug (its from the first race of the game)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DWMBZWen8gfL … iew?usp=sharing

Ok, i reproduced the bug. i'll see what i can do

Reply 761 of 890, by pepodmc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote on 2020-08-02, 16:03:
pepodmc wrote on 2020-08-02, 13:59:
Hello, im having a problem. […]
Show full quote
Peixoto wrote on 2020-07-30, 17:24:

post your error.log, please

edit: Just tested the full version and everything works. You can even create a Direct3D 9 entry and use it with nglide. That's good because there is no fog on Direct3D

Please read the documentation carefully

Hello, im having a problem.

Im using the Nglide wrapper to dx9 method. And you can dump and replace textures and works Ok in the first race.
But if you restart the race, then the replaced textures are in places you didnt put them. Sometimes its after restarting the race once , or after restarting 3 or 4 times, but it will happen. Sometimes when you go from one race to another too. Sometimes break some text in the race selection screen too.

Can you fix it? I will give you a link with some textures dumped and replaced so you can try to replicate the bug (its from the first race of the game)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DWMBZWen8gfL … iew?usp=sharing

Ok, i reproduced the bug. i'll see what i can do

Thanks a lot!

Reply 762 of 890, by TP555-1981

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

@Peixoto

Newer Versions from your injector , dosn't allow to set Textures Swapping from a Custom Path . i did try all , to edit the ini files , no chance.
It gives just 4 predefined Paths , but all on C:\ , please think ,not all useres have the most Disk Space on the C:\ !!!

The last Version , where was it possible to load the Textures from a Custom Path , is the Version (Folder 01 from your Archive ZIP)

Please fix that !!

The Version 01 , works fine so , far but with Enabled Non Exclusive Full Screen or Disable maximized windowed mode , the Movies have a Black Screen , but both fixing some ingame laggs. !

Last edited by TP555-1981 on 2020-08-12, 10:35. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 763 of 890, by mysticwitch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hiya, I'm having a hard time getting this to work (win 8.1) so I can use HD ios textures for Tomb Raider 2, and I'm gonna be honest here. I have a learning disability so it takes me a bit to get things. I've been trying for two days. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have all your stuff, the multi patch thing, the iso texture dump/replacements. I've compiled the dumps into one dds file. I run the game from the tombraider fix folder. I (think) I put all the right folders in the right place. I push insert and the red inventory screen is the only thing that changes. The injector of yours I have doesn't run, don't know if I need that anyway. Kinda at a loss here. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Reply 764 of 890, by TP555-1981

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Re

@mysticwitch

Try this:

Avoid DGVoodoo or another some Wrappers , because not compatible !
Reconfigure the Game with Tomb2.exe -setup

Try older Injector Version

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApHOE-Ru-xkG5VkiNUkN_3MZd5RI (is the Original Archive Link from Page 1 also no wonder)
01 inside the Zip Archive , works good , and allow Custom Paths for the Textures , mayby gives some problems , because you try to load all Textures from your Users Folder. !

or try another Settings in the Injector for Tomb 2 , like Windows Compatibly Mode or Check Non Exclusive Full Screen etc. !

Red means too , some Textures are Corrupted or invalid , try to Redownload them from Trusted Sources.

https://core-design.com/community_tr2iostexturesmod.html

or at least try with the TR2-5 Multipatch

https://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/windows10/patch.html

or Alternative try with this Textures
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=221827
Not fine Textures at all i know , but for a Test it reaches 😁

Reply 765 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TP555-1981 wrote on 2020-08-10, 12:01:
Hi […]
Show full quote

Hi

@Peixoto

Newer Versions from your injector , dosn't allow to set Textures Swapping from a Custom Path . i did try all , to edit the ini files , no chance.
It gives just 4 predefined Paths , but all on C:\ , please think ,not all useres have the most Disk Space on the C:\ !!!

The last Version , where was it possible to load the Textures from a Custom Path , is the Version (Folder 01 from your Archive ZIP)

Please fix that !!

The Version 01 , works fine so , far but with Enabled Non Exclusive Full Screen or Disable maximized windowed mode , the Movies have a Black Screen , but both fixing some ingame laggs. !

Ill add my it to my "todo list"

Reply 766 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mysticwitch wrote on 2020-08-12, 01:22:

Hiya, I'm having a hard time getting this to work (win 8.1) so I can use HD ios textures for Tomb Raider 2, and I'm gonna be honest here. I have a learning disability so it takes me a bit to get things. I've been trying for two days. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have all your stuff, the multi patch thing, the iso texture dump/replacements. I've compiled the dumps into one dds file. I run the game from the tombraider fix folder. I (think) I put all the right folders in the right place. I push insert and the red inventory screen is the only thing that changes. The injector of yours I have doesn't run, don't know if I need that anyway. Kinda at a loss here. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

The version you're using is very old. Try the last one

Reply 767 of 890, by Nonjojålol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote on 2020-07-31, 19:40:
Nonjojålol wrote on 2020-07-31, 18:47:
The menu background and "load screens" will stretch. If anything else stretches, its a bug, please let me know […]
Show full quote
Nonjojålol wrote on 2020-07-27, 23:22:

A bigger issue to me is that the game stretches in widescreen. Mars on the menu is a good way to see if the image is stretched.

The menu background and "load screens" will stretch. If anything else stretches, its a bug, please let me know

Nonjojålol wrote on 2020-07-27, 23:22:

And for some reason pressing up or down doesn't work with the regular game anymore

There is a text file in the game directory with the default keyboard config. That file gets "messed up" sometimes, i don't know why. Try deleting it

Thanks for the info! I found the config file in my appdata and that fixed the keys for regular TR3. The problem remains in your patch. Not sure where the config file is supposed to be. I found one in my games folder in my documents but the config file wasn't recreated. Maybe the problem is that the patch isn't generating a new file

Disable the file redirection option in the file system tab, i've left it enabled in the release version by accident

I'm back at taking a crack at making your patch work. Keyboard not working is still the primary issue.

We all make mistakes. I feel silly for not noticing those tabs. Disabling file redirection seems to do nothing. Not entirely sure what it does. The Game folder is still recreated after I delete it but the config and data file is not, with or without file direction on. I tried the Special Folders option for good measure after deleting Games folder. Nothing happened. Default TRIII on my end stores settings and saves in a location not specified in detail over at Saves management. have them over at C:\Users\Pink Towel\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Core Design\Tomb Raider III
Thought I should include that in case the program read those files.
Also there's a typo. Over at Saves management you can see the word bellow instead of below.

Reply 768 of 890, by DD-Indeed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Any ways to make controllers work on Martian Gothic ? I use Xbox One controller via bluetooth on Win10 x64, the game recognizes it with JoyToKey-software when running the stock game, but when running through the Peixoto, nothing. I have tried the different options too from Help.exe, but no luck.

Also, could it be possible to link the patched version into Steam somehow ? Currently it won't boot up when hotlinking the shortcut from desktop, states about error.

Reply 769 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DD-Indeed wrote on 2020-08-20, 13:23:

Any ways to make controllers work on Martian Gothic ? I use Xbox One controller via bluetooth on Win10 x64, the game recognizes it with JoyToKey-software when running the stock game, but when running through the Peixoto, nothing. I have tried the different options too from Help.exe, but no luck.

Also, could it be possible to link the patched version into Steam somehow ? Currently it won't boot up when hotlinking the shortcut from desktop, states about error.

I just fixed a bug that was affecting all games and causing gamepads to stop working. Just wait for a minor update on the weekend

Reply 770 of 890, by DD-Indeed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote on 2020-08-21, 00:27:
DD-Indeed wrote on 2020-08-20, 13:23:

I just fixed a bug that was affecting all games and causing gamepads to stop working. Just wait for a minor update on the weekend

Okay, thanks!

Reply 771 of 890, by DD-Indeed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I see you brought the new version out. The MG: Unification still has issue with the controller. The game won't recognize it, and if I use the keboard & mouse emulation, the game states about keyboard error and won't launch.

Reply 772 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DD-Indeed wrote on 2020-09-05, 20:15:

I see you brought the new version out. The MG: Unification still has issue with the controller. The game won't recognize it, and if I use the keboard & mouse emulation, the game states about keyboard error and won't launch.

The input options are broken in several games. I'll fix it ASAP (which doesn't necessarily mean soon)

Reply 773 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Peixoto wrote on 2020-09-07, 01:15:
DD-Indeed wrote on 2020-09-05, 20:15:

The input options are broken in several games. I'll fix it ASAP (which doesn't necessarily mean soon)

Quick update.

Martian gothic fixed, texture modding working on Turok 1 and 2 now

Reply 774 of 890, by Icy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, first thing I want to say is that I really appreciate all the work you're doing with your framework, it really helps to bring old stubborn games to working state finally

There're several observations I wanted to share. Firstly, now I finally can run Hitman Codename 47 with widescreen mod and 4k without problems, that's great for sure cause legacy d3d hack didn't work, though predictably it made ui very small so I tried to use forced resolution from 1080 which worked but only partially, ui did scale correctly by integer even with fixed 2d artifacts, but 3d looks very pixelated still even with "Discard unmodified pixels checked".

Also, Vampire: the masquerade - redemption is working great even with forced resolution, but apparently it uses 16 bit z-buffer with all its zfighting, I tried forcing 24 bit one and it didn't change anything on my side, but it did work through dgvoodoo though

Reply 775 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Icy wrote on 2020-09-15, 07:26:

Hi, first thing I want to say is that I really appreciate all the work you're doing with your framework, it really helps to bring old stubborn games to working state finally

There're several observations I wanted to share. Firstly, now I finally can run Hitman Codename 47 with widescreen mod and 4k without problems, that's great for sure cause legacy d3d hack didn't work, though predictably it made ui very small so I tried to use forced resolution from 1080 which worked but only partially, ui did scale correctly by integer even with fixed 2d artifacts, but 3d looks very pixelated still even with "Discard unmodified pixels checked".

Also, Vampire: the masquerade - redemption is working great even with forced resolution, but apparently it uses 16 bit z-buffer with all its zfighting, I tried forcing 24 bit one and it didn't change anything on my side, but it did work through dgvoodoo though

Forced 24-bit z buffer is not implemented for DirectX 7 yet, maybe on the next update

As for hitman, post your error log. Are you sure you are running matching the API in the game's options (Direct3D or Opengl) with the one in the program ?

Reply 776 of 890, by petrol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Peixoto,

I am experiencing issues with saving in Sanitarium, if I run it through your patch. When I open the main menu and choosing the save option it informs me it wasn't possible.

- I have tried your patch with both the original CD version and the GOG download with same results.
- Both versions save fine if not using your patch.
- I haven't modified any settings in your patch.
- I am running Windows 10
- I have the game installed in C:\games (or similar folder), i.e. not in Program Files
- I have tried running your Help.exe with admin settings, just in case that might have helped with some permission error that might cause the game to fail to save.. Unfortunately, it did nothing.

Any ideas? When you made the patch did you try saving?

Reply 777 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
petrol wrote on 2020-09-15, 18:04:
Hi Peixoto, […]
Show full quote

Hi Peixoto,

I am experiencing issues with saving in Sanitarium, if I run it through your patch. When I open the main menu and choosing the save option it informs me it wasn't possible.

- I have tried your patch with both the original CD version and the GOG download with same results.
- Both versions save fine if not using your patch.
- I haven't modified any settings in your patch.
- I am running Windows 10
- I have the game installed in C:\games (or similar folder), i.e. not in Program Files
- I have tried running your Help.exe with admin settings, just in case that might have helped with some permission error that might cause the game to fail to save.. Unfortunately, it did nothing.

Any ideas? When you made the patch did you try saving?

Click the File system tab and disable the file redirection option

Reply 778 of 890, by petrol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ah, you are right, that makes it work, thanks! However, as it's noted, then the cutscenes become full of scanlines again.

I might look into fixing them manually, by applying this patch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t916evntz2xo9j9/exm … atch%20v1.0.zip

But I'm curious, is there a possibility for your patch being able to both save and have nice cutscenes in the future?

Reply 779 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
petrol wrote on 2020-09-15, 19:47:

Ah, you are right, that makes it work, thanks! However, as it's noted, then the cutscenes become full of scanlines again.

I might look into fixing them manually, by applying this patch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t916evntz2xo9j9/exm … atch%20v1.0.zip

But I'm curious, is there a possibility for your patch being able to both save and have nice cutscenes in the future?

It will be fixed on the next release