Peixoto's patches for a few old games

Topic actions

Reply 480 of 890, by Zaphero

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
Zaphero wrote:

I'm having problems with trying to get Mysteries of the Sith working. Every time I enable 3D acceleration the HUD is present but the rest of the screen is pink. I am using the Steam Release and the unofficial patch (JKM.exe, I have been using that exe and have not renamed it). Can you please help?

Try to update your drives (long shot). Color key is not working on directdraw blits for some reazon

It seems like all my drivers are already up to date. More specifically the ammo counter is staying on screen while the rest of the screen is pink.

Reply 481 of 890, by giovannilucca

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
giovannilucca wrote:
It happens again! :( I was using the patch this morning and everything was working fine... My windows 10 antivirus is blocked, t […]
Show full quote
giovannilucca wrote:
giovannilucca wrote:
Hey Peixoto! […]
Show full quote

Hey Peixoto!

I'm having an weird issue since yesterday..
I click the Help.exe and nothing happens... the patch don't open...

I reinstalled my windows machine some days before, but after that I used the patch and it was working normal
I installed the Dependencies written on the readme.txt, but nothing happens...
I download the updated version that you upload yesterday and is no Working too...
I disable the windows 10 antivirus, and nothing...
I never had this issue before...
Do you have any clue of what can be?

Idk if it helps, but here is the text on error.log:

Well, I had to format and reinstall WIndows 10 for everything to work!
I'm almost sure that the Windows 10 native antivirus blocked the file, even though I have disabled that crap!

Anyway... It's all fine now! 😀

It happens again! 🙁
I was using the patch this morning and everything was working fine...
My windows 10 antivirus is blocked, the smart screen too...
I now the patch doesn't launch... even as administrator or with different compatibility modes.

Maybe is something in the new version of the patch?
I never had this issue before...

I don't have here an older version of the patch to test it, but if you can send me, we can test this theory!

giovannilucca wrote:
I solved the problem for good now! I installed Windows 7, and everyting is running smooth! The thing is that is a bug in Windows […]
Show full quote
Peixoto wrote:
The last update only included an small change in the tomb2.ahk file. Help.exe wwas not changed […]
Show full quote

The last update only included an small change in the tomb2.ahk file. Help.exe wwas not changed

Have you checked the task manager to see if it is running or not?

In any case try this: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApHOE-Ru-xkG5UxYLSM0V_BHTZQw Press the F5 key until there is no change
then post here what it shows

I solved the problem for good now!
I installed Windows 7, and everyting is running smooth!
The thing is that is a bug in Windows 10 that make some .exe unexecutable... I made a research about this matter and I found a lot of guides to solve the problem, but none of them solved... So I said good bye to that **** that is Windows 10, and reinstalled my machine with W7.

Before I tried to run your patch on Linux using steam proton... It almost worked... The game open and all... but the screen is black!
I'll try again later when new versions of steam proton is available!

Thanks for the help anyway! 😉

Hey Peixoto!
It happened again, even on Windows 7, with firewall disable and with no anti-virus... 🙁
I tried to reinstall everything (I downloaded the latest update from 03 jan 2019) and even so it doesnt work...

I tried this trick on the windows reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe\OpenWithProgids]
"exefile"=hex(0):

But even so, don't launch the program...
I checked if there is another instance of the program already running (which doesn't). I rebooted the system... nothing seems to help...

I just wanted to inform you so you can check this when you have the time! 😉

Tomb Raider III HD Remaster Project Director

Reply 482 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
giovannilucca wrote:
Hey Peixoto! It happened again, even on Windows 7, with firewall disable and with no anti-virus... :( I tried to reinstall every […]
Show full quote

Hey Peixoto!
It happened again, even on Windows 7, with firewall disable and with no anti-virus... 🙁
I tried to reinstall everything (I downloaded the latest update from 03 jan 2019) and even so it doesnt work...

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe\OpenWithProgids]
"exefile"=hex(0):

I checked if there is another instance of the program already running (which doesn't). I rebooted the system... nothing seems to help...

You got to find what changed in your system. Maybe some program you installed

Reply 483 of 890, by giovannilucca

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
giovannilucca wrote:
Hey Peixoto! It happened again, even on Windows 7, with firewall disable and with no anti-virus... :( I tried to reinstall every […]
Show full quote

Hey Peixoto!

"exefile"=hex(0):

Yeah, I know it's not normal this happens, And there's nothing you can do about it...
The only thing that leads me to alert you about this, is because it is happening only with your patch... everything else is working fine...
And this happens in 2 different operacional system, WIndows 10 and 7...
Even tho I don't have install any antiviruses, I suspect that that windows firewall is blocking assuming that it is a virus.
I'll do another system reinstall now and block completly the windows security system... Let's see what happens...

Did you have another one complaining about this issue? or I'm the only one?

Tomb Raider III HD Remaster Project Director

Reply 485 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
giovannilucca wrote:
Yeah, I know it's not normal this happens, And there's nothing you can do about it... The only thing that leads me to alert you […]
Show full quote
Peixoto wrote:
giovannilucca wrote:
Show full quote

Hey Peixoto!

"exefile"=hex(0):

Yeah, I know it's not normal this happens, And there's nothing you can do about it...
The only thing that leads me to alert you about this, is because it is happening only with your patch... everything else is working fine...
And this happens in 2 different operacional system, WIndows 10 and 7...
Even tho I don't have install any antiviruses, I suspect that that windows firewall is blocking assuming that it is a virus.
I'll do another system reinstall now and block completly the windows security system... Let's see what happens...

Did you have another one complaining about this issue? or I'm the only one?

1st time i hear that. Worst case scenario you can start the game with:

injector.exe -f "scripts\Tomb Raider 2.ini"

Last edited by Peixoto on 2019-01-19, 00:08. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 487 of 890, by cloudhaacker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Peixoto, I've been popping in once in a while to see how things are going. Love everything you've done for us so far! I've chatted with you a few times about Resident Evil 1 before, so I know you're aware of the black boxes transparency issue. I'm not pressuring you for a fix, I know someday you'll probably get to it. 😀 My question is, I've been messing around with the game myself trying to get something close to what you can provide until it does get fixed. I've managed to get the game running in 1080p without the black box issue, controller works, I've even managed to fix the speed issue by running it windowed and found a program that actually can get rid of the windows bar and frame. The only thing is running it this way fixes the movies (if it's fullscreen they don't show on screen) but the videos are all playing at their original resolution. I was just wondering if you had any insights as to how I could make the videos run bigger? I'm using dgVoodoo for the resolution fix. Or if I told you what settings I'm using for that, would that help you fix the black box problem? I was messing with different setting in dgVoodoo and I am able to recreate the black box problem depending on the settings used. Anyway, no big deal if you can't help, I'm still just appreciative of everything you've done. Thanks again!

Reply 488 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
cloudhaacker wrote:

I was just wondering if you had any insights as to how I could make the videos run bigger?

FMVs are played using the Video for windows api. In my patch, i scale the FMVs hooking tree functions: DrawDibDraw, DrawDibOpen and DrawDibClose

cloudhaacker wrote:

Or if I told you what settings I'm using for that, would that help you fix the black box problem?

Maybe, is it parallelized textures ? It will be supported eventually

Reply 492 of 890, by PepsimanRUS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
Remove the line: HD=True from the corresponding ini file […]
Show full quote
PepsimanRUS wrote:

Peixoto, how to disable hd mod?

Remove the line:
HD=True
from the corresponding ini file

thank.

Reply 493 of 890, by Alkimical

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Peixoto...
Well, I want to remaster Resident Evil 1, with HD Interface, characters textures, backgrounds, etc
Here are an examples:

http://imgur.com/a/2Ar59UH

But, when I edit a picture with transparencies; the transparency transforms to black, then the only format wich works was X1R5G5B5, but my Nvidia plugin doesnt have that format, i had to convert it in an Online converter...
Then I want to port the 3D models from Deadly Silence wich are more detailed than the PC version ones; I want to know how that would be possible.

Last edited by Alkimical on 2019-02-10, 11:49. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 494 of 890, by Nrgte

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nrgte wrote:

Okay thank you. I'm getting a new PC soon anyway and will try again there. Maybe something is messed up with my current system.

Hey Peixoto. I'm on a new PC now and TR2 works very well now with your launcher as well as mods. Thanks a lot. I also tried to use dgVoodoo2 to get a wrapper for newer D3D, but that doesn't seem to work with your launcher. Which results in a black screen. Are you aware of any other possibilities to get this done? I'm mainly trying to get OBS to record TR2 with game capture.

Reply 495 of 890, by St1llMatt3R

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
cloudhaacker wrote:

Hey Peixoto, I've been popping in once in a while to see how things are going. Love everything you've done for us so far! I've chatted with you a few times about Resident Evil 1 before, so I know you're aware of the black boxes transparency issue. I'm not pressuring you for a fix, I know someday you'll probably get to it. 😀 My question is, I've been messing around with the game myself trying to get something close to what you can provide until it does get fixed. I've managed to get the game running in 1080p without the black box issue, controller works, I've even managed to fix the speed issue by running it windowed and found a program that actually can get rid of the windows bar and frame. The only thing is running it this way fixes the movies (if it's fullscreen they don't show on screen) but the videos are all playing at their original resolution. I was just wondering if you had any insights as to how I could make the videos run bigger? I'm using dgVoodoo for the resolution fix. Or if I told you what settings I'm using for that, would that help you fix the black box problem? I was messing with different setting in dgVoodoo and I am able to recreate the black box problem depending on the settings used. Anyway, no big deal if you can't help, I'm still just appreciative of everything you've done. Thanks again!

Hey, I've had an issue with the transparencies too. I'm on a laptop that has a newer Intel Integrated graphics chip on it.
I wonder if there's a connection here. What graphics card are you running?

Reply 496 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
malcev wrote:

Peixoto, can You please answer on this question?
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.p … =261842#p261842
Thank You!

Check the sample script on github:
https://github.com/Daniel-Lobo/AhkHook/tree/master/Samples

Alkimical wrote:
Hi Peixoto... Well, I want to remaster Resident Evil 1, with HD Interface, characters textures, backgrounds, etc Here are an exa […]
Show full quote

Hi Peixoto...
Well, I want to remaster Resident Evil 1, with HD Interface, characters textures, backgrounds, etc
Here are an examples:

http://imgur.com/a/2Ar59UH

But, when I edit a picture with transparencies; the transparency transforms to black, then the only format wich works was X1R5G5B5, but my Nvidia plugin doesnt have that format, i had to convert it in an Online converter...
Then I want to port the 3D models from Deadly Silence wich are more detailed than the PC version ones; I want to know how that would be possible.

That's because X1R5G5B5 is the only format whose color key is set to black, that is explained in the help. I'm changing this behavior on the next release, however. All replacements will inherit the color key of the replaced textures. Except for compressed formats which will continue not supporting color keys. I'm also adding support for palleted textures at some point, so you might want to wait a little before doing your re-texturing. As for replacing models, i have no idea

Nrgte wrote:
Nrgte wrote:

Okay thank you. I'm getting a new PC soon anyway and will try again there. Maybe something is messed up with my current system.

Hey Peixoto. I'm on a new PC now and TR2 works very well now with your launcher as well as mods. Thanks a lot. I also tried to use dgVoodoo2 to get a wrapper for newer D3D, but that doesn't seem to work with your launcher. Which results in a black screen. Are you aware of any other possibilities to get this done? I'm mainly trying to get OBS to record TR2 with game capture.

OBS can capture videos, i've done it myself, that depends on how you configure it, but i don't remember the exact configuration

Reply 498 of 890, by malcev

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Peixoto, I have checked your example, but I do not understand Your API.
For example I can do what I want with minhook.dll.
But after hooking and catching EndScene it crashes target application.
I look at easyhook but as I understand it works only from C++.
Also I have found Deviare2, but it uses com object, therefore it will be difficult to run its methods after injecting with autohotkey.dll.
Here is my code with using minhook.dll.
How can I transfer this code for using with Your dll?
Thank You!

#Persistent
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%
d3d := Direct3DCreate9(D3D_SDK_VERSION := 32)
VarSetCapacity(D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS, 48+2*A_PtrSize, 0)
NumPut(1, D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS, 0) ; BackBufferWidth
NumPut(1, D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS, 4) ; BackBufferHeight
NumPut(1, D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS, 24) ; D3DSWAPEFFECT_DISCARD
NumPut(1, D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS, 24+2*A_PtrSize) ; Windowed
IDirect3D9_CreateDevice(d3d, D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT := 0, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL := 1, 0, D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING := 0x00000040, &D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS, device)
EndScene := NumGet(NumGet(device+0)+42*A_PtrSize)
Release(device)
Release(d3d)

MinhookDll := "MinHook.dll"
MinHook_Init(MinhookDll)
MH_CreateHook(EndScene, cbAddr := RegisterCallback("EndScene_Hook", "F"))
MH_EnableHook()
return

EndScene_Hook(device)
{
msgbox hook
}

Direct3DCreate9(SDKVersion)
{
if !DllCall("GetModuleHandle","str","d3d9", "PTR")
{
MsgBox, 16, Error, d3d9 failed.
ExitApp
}
return DllCall("d3d9\Direct3DCreate9", "uint", SDKVersion)
}

IDirect3D9_CreateDevice(this,Adapter,DeviceType,hFocusWindow,BehaviorFlags,pPresentationParameters,ByRef ppReturnedDeviceInterface)
{
hr := DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(this+0)+16*A_PtrSize),"ptr",this,"uint",Adapter,"uint",DeviceType,"ptr",hFocusWindow,"uint",BehaviorFlags,"ptr",pPresentationParameters,"ptr*",ppReturnedDeviceInterface)
if hr
_Error(A_ThisFunc " error: " hr "`nErrorLevel: " ErrorLevel)
}

Release(this)
{
return DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(this+0)+2*A_PtrSize), "ptr", this)
}

_Error(val)
{
msgbox % val
ExitApp
}

MinHook_Init(MinhookDll)
{
Static h
If Not h
{
h:=DllCall("LoadLibrary","Str",MinhookDll, "Ptr")
Show last 60 lines
      MH_Initialize()
}
}

; Creates a Hook for the specified target function, in disabled state.
; Parameters:
; pTarget [in] A pointer to the target function, which will be
; overridden by the detour function.
; pDetour [in] A pointer to the detour function, which will override
; the target function.
; ppOriginal [out] A pointer to the trampoline function, which will be
; used to call the original target function.
; This parameter can be NULL.
MH_CreateHook(pTarget, pDetour, ByRef ppOriginal := 0) {
return DllCall("MinHook\MH_CreateHook"
, "ptr", pTarget
, "ptr", pDetour
, "uptr*", ppOriginal )
}

; Initialize the MinHook library. You must call this function EXACTLY ONCE
; at the beginning of your program.
MH_Initialize() {
return DllCall("MinHook\MH_Initialize")
}

; Uninitialize the MinHook library. You must call this function EXACTLY
; ONCE at the end of your program.
MH_Uninitialize() {
return DllCall("MinHook\MH_Uninitialize")
}

; Removes an already created hook.
; Parameters:
; pTarget [in] A pointer to the target function.
MH_RemoveHook(pTarget) {
return DllCall("MinHook\MH_RemoveHook", "ptr", pTarget)
}

/*
#define MH_ALL_HOOKS NULL
*/

; Enables an already created hook.
; Parameters:
; If this parameter is MH_ALL_HOOKS, all created hooks are
; enabled in one go.
MH_EnableHook(pTarget := 0) {
return DllCall("MinHook\MH_EnableHook", "ptr", pTarget)
}

; Disables an already created hook.
; Parameters:
; If this parameter is MH_ALL_HOOKS, all created hooks are
; disabled in one go.
MH_DisableHook(pTarget := 0) {
return DllCall("MinHook\MH_DisableHook", "ptr", pTarget)
}

I Inject it like this:

f11::
WinGet, PID, PID, A
FileRead,HookScript,minhook.ahk
rThread:=""
rThread:=InjectAhkDll(PID,A_ScriptDir "\AutoHotkey.dll", HookScript)
return

Reply 499 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
malcev wrote:
Peixoto, I have checked your example, but I do not understand Your API. For example I can do what I want with minhook.dll. But […]
Show full quote

Peixoto, I have checked your example, but I do not understand Your API.
For example I can do what I want with minhook.dll.
But after hooking and catching EndScene it crashes target application.
I look at easyhook but as I understand it works only from C++.
Also I have found Deviare2, but it uses com object, therefore it will be difficult to run its methods after injecting with autohotkey.dll.
Here is my code with using minhook.dll.
How can I transfer this code for using with Your dll?
Thank You!

Actually my API doesn't includes any means to hook com methods, i will include it soon.

You code seems fine, i can't pinpoint what is the problem with it. Try to add
critical, 0xFFFFFFFF on the top of the script. It is also better (for Direct3D at least), start the process suspended, inject your code and then resume it