VOGONS

Reply 200 of 218, by ATauenis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Version 0.15.2 is ready.

• Added converting of SVG pictures for Mozilla 1.x, Firefox <4.0, MSIE <9, Opera <10.0.
  • Added converting of WebP pictures for Opera <11.5, MS Internet Explorer.
  • Fixed opening of Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox default start page for non-English locales (real http://start.mozilla.org/ is now available only in US English).
  • Fixed installing XPI Mozilla add-ons from Forum.Mozilla-Russia.org via single click.
  • Fixed opening of mozdev.org links (like "Add search engine" in Firefox 1.0).
  • Fixed correct character encoding for Netscape Navigator 1-3 on IBM OS/2 Warp.
  • Fixed incorrect lookup to Internet Archive on attempts to upload a photo via VK Messenger (m.vk.com).
  • Added clickable address bar in Web-FTP client.
  • Added ability to save link to a FTP directory (opened via WebOne FTP client) in bookmarks.
  • Fixed work of Web-FTP client in multi-tab browsers. All links now are absolute, not relative.
  • Added correct preview of some file types from FTP servers in Web browsers. Not only .TXT files are now supported.
  • -Common file types are pre-defined in webone.conf.
  • -Set any extra file types via [MimeTypes] in configuration.
  • Added support to disable built-in FTP client via EnableWebFtp option in [Server] of configuration file.
  • Improved stability of systemd service on Linux.
  • Fixed loading of custom configuration files from custom directories.
  • Added support to load configuration from /Library/Application Support/WebOne/webone.conf (and ~/Library/Application Support/WebOne/webone.conf) on macOS.

Download page: https://github.com/atauenis/webone/releases/tag/v0.15.2

2×Soviet ZX-Speccy, 1×MacIIsi, 1×086, 1×286, 2×386DX, 1×386SX, 2×486, 1×P54C, 7×P55C, 6×Slot1, 4×S370, 1×SlotA, 2×S462, ∞×Modern.

Reply 201 of 218, by b0rZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Guys,

I have installed webone on debian vm, the daemon is starting just fine but I'm getting timeout errors all the time.
5UwlDtv.png
I have no relevant information in the logfile. Could you please help me how to make this work?

Reply 202 of 218, by ATauenis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello, borZ.
This might be a network (or internet access configuration) problem on the server. Try to wget/curl the http://www.hwsw.hu/. Probably it also won't open.

2×Soviet ZX-Speccy, 1×MacIIsi, 1×086, 1×286, 2×386DX, 1×386SX, 2×486, 1×P54C, 7×P55C, 6×Slot1, 4×S370, 1×SlotA, 2×S462, ∞×Modern.

Reply 203 of 218, by b0rZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ATauenis wrote on 2023-03-29, 19:10:

Hello, borZ.
This might be a network (or internet access configuration) problem on the server. Try to wget/curl the http://www.hwsw.hu/. Probably it also won't open.

I figured out it was the IPv6 configuration which interfered with the application. After turning it off completely on the vm, your proxy works like a charm. Thanks for the tip!

Reply 204 of 218, by ATauenis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Version 0.15.3 is ready.

• Fixed crash on some non-interactive Linux environments, such as TinyCore Linux.
  • Fixed work with multi-line FTP responses. The Web-FTP client is now working with most of known servers.
  • Added CSS3 patches for old WebKit-based browsers like Safari <6, Chrome <28, Android <5, iOS <6 (WebKit 536 and earlier).
  • Added CSS3 patches for Opera 9.6/10.xx/11.xx/12.00 browsers.
  • Added support for setting ISO 8859-1...8859-15 code page depending on system locale (ISO alias is available).
  • Added automatic converting of text encoding for IBM WebExplorer (it accepts content encoded with ISO-8859-x code pages).
  • Added experimental build for Apple M1/M2 macOS systems. It should run native without Rosetta 2 (as I have no ARM Mac, can't test really).

Download link: https://github.com/atauenis/webone/releases/tag/v0.15.3

Reply 205 of 218, by ATauenis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Version 0.16 Beta 1 is ready.

This release is result of very hard work, and is not well tested. Due to large amount of code, written from scratch (code used in previous versions were unable to work in multiprotocol mode at all), it may have a big amount of bugs. Please tell me if you found something that work correctly in v0.15.3 and were broken in v0.16-beta1.

Download page: https://github.com/atauenis/webone/releases/tag/v0.16-beta1

Reply 206 of 218, by ATauenis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Version 0.16 Beta 2 is ready.

• Contains all new features of WebOne 0.16 Beta 1.
  • Reverted to regular single-port mode (8080). By default new HTTP Listener code is used. Set UseMsHttpApi=yes to use old stable HTTP Listener code in case of problems, or to compare 0.15 vs 0.16.
  • Added [SecureProxy] configuration file section, which sets up options of HTTPS proxy:
  • SslRootValidAfter, SslRootValidBefore is configuring lifetime period of root certificate.
  • SslCertVaildBeforeNow, SslCertVaildAfterNow is configuring sites certificates lifetime period.
  • SslRootSubject overrides default root certificate name.
  • SslHashAlgorithm sets algorithm of root certificate hash: MD5/SHA1/SHA256. Site certificates currently are always SHA256 due to a bug difficult to fix.
  • SslProtocols sets SSL/TLS versions used to communicate with clients.
  • Added check for CA certificate date, time and validness.
  • By default, newly-created CA certificates have unique number, so it's easy to manage them.
  • Fixed huge memory leak.
  • Fixed detection of HTTP 1.1 Keep-Alive connections.
  • Fixed Oops: Invalid URI: The URI scheme is not valid in some cases.

Download page: https://github.com/atauenis/webone/releases/tag/v0.16-beta2

Reply 208 of 218, by ATauenis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Version 0.16 Beta 3 is ready.
In this version, made after exactly 500 commits in GitHub, I've polished almost all aspects of HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/IRC/IRCS through a proxy, and in fact it is almost a stable version.

• Contains all new features of WebOne 0.16 Beta 1 and Beta 2.
  • Fixed Error while loading configuration: String '31.12.2070 23:59 +0' was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
  • Fixed /etc/systemd/system/webone.service and /etc/logrotate.d/webone file mode.
  • Fixed unwanted unknown/unknown Content-Type header.
  • Fixed guru meditation '"utf-8"' is not a supported encoding name.
  • Fixed log entry look for responses without valid Content-Length header.
  • Fixed loss of Content-Type response header in some cases.
  • Using latest yt-dlp instead of obsolete youtube-dl.
  • Added automatic build of PAC script, depending on WebOne settings.
  • Added support for non-HTTPS protocols over CONNECT method. Now it's possible to use IRC/IRCS (and not only) over WebOne. For SSL-based protocols cipher downgrade is also available similar to HTTPS.
  • - SSL-based protocols are detected by rules set in [NonHttpSslServers] section of configuration file.
  • Added support for dynamic generating SSL/TLS site certificates by external utilities.
  • - Use SslSiteCertGenerator and SslSiteCerts in [SecureProxy] section of configuration file.
  • macOS builds got easier names: osx-x64 > mac-intel, osx-arm64 > mac-m.
  • WebOne 0.16 Beta 3 Release Notes.

Download page: https://github.com/atauenis/webone/releases/tag/v0.16-beta3

Reply 209 of 218, by ATauenis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

WebOne 0.16.0 is ready.

• In addition to HTTPS -> HTTP 1.1 converting, WebOne is now supports true HTTPS cipher strength downgrade.
  • Browsers with support for SSL 3.0 128-bit security can access Internet via `https://` protocol too.
  • Other applications that can utilize HTTPS proxies can work with WebOne (examples - Miranda, mIRC, MSN Messenger).
  • Added support for `ftp://` protocol (via Web browsers).
  • Added support for alternative access (`http://proxy:port/http://example.com/`) from early browsers like NCSA Mosaic 0.7 and MSIE 2.0. *
  • Added redirect of Windows Update v4 (Win9x/NT) to WindowsUpdateRestored.com and v6 (Win2k/XP) to LegacyUpdate.net
  • Using latest `yt-dlp` instead of obsolete `youtube-dl`.
  • Fixed unwanted `unknown/unknown` Content-Type header.
  • Fixed guru meditation `'"utf-8"' is not a supported encoding name`.
  • Fixed guru meditation on invalid regular expressions inside edit rules.
  • Fixed `/etc/systemd/system/webone.service` and `/etc/logrotate.d/webone` file mode on Linux.
  • Included configuration for use unpatched MSN/Windows Live Messenger clients with Escargot servers. Rename `escargot.conf.example` by removing the `.example` end to enable it.

* - this feature was broken since WebOne 0.8.5, and is now available working again.

New since Beta 3 version:

• Added `[SecureProxy]` -> `AllowNonHttpsCONNECT` option which allows to disable support for non-HTTPS protocols over HTTPS proxy.
  • Added `[NonHttpConnectRedirect]` configuration section to define non-HTTP connections redirect rules.
  • Added domain name in log entries for HTTPS pages access instead of `[SSL]` placeholder.
  • Fixed display of load statistics on status page.
  • Fixed security hole, previously allowed to bypass IP ban or white list when using `CONNECT` method.
  • Fixed security hole, previously allowed to bypass client's password check when using `CONNECT` method.
  • "Local mode" renamed to "alternative access".
  • Added redirect of Windows Update v4 to WindowsUpdateRestored.com and v6 to LegacyUpdate.net.
  • Added correct redirect rule, enabling work of "Office on the Web" command in MS Word 2000 menu.
  • Added `OnHttpOnly` and `OnHttpsOnly` detecting rules in Edit Sets.
  • Added check for validness of edit rules.
  • Added support for ICQ plugin for Miranda NG.

Download page: https://github.com/atauenis/webone/releases/tag/v0.16.0

Reply 210 of 218, by Yoghoo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nice improvements. Especially the WindowsUpdateRestored redirect.

Small question: is there also a WebOne.0.16.0.win-x86.full.zip for Linux (not deb or rpm based) planned? It will run barebones on my Asustor after installing dotnet but misses the convert executable for example. Or do you know when the docker image is being updated?

Reply 211 of 218, by ATauenis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Yoghoo wrote on 2023-09-25, 19:11:

is there also a WebOne.0.16.0.win-x86.full.zip for Linux (not deb or rpm based) planned?

Currently not. Any deb/rpm can be easily unpacked, but mixing with another packages is a bit difficult thing.

Yoghoo wrote on 2023-09-25, 19:11:

Or do you know when the docker image is being updated?

I'm not a developer of docker-webone. But way5's images are updating in a good time after WebOne new releases. I hope waiting will be not a long.

Reply 212 of 218, by ATauenis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Version 0.16.1 is ready.

• Fixed processing of microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll links.
  • Fixed useless "look in archive.org" attempt on web.archive.org pages.
  • Fixed work with KVIrc client.
  • Fixed content type mismatch when browsing via IBM WebExplorer (OS/2).
  • Improved support of HTTP v1.1 protocol.
  • Improved security when using with Escargot MSN Messenger server.
  • Enabled by default configuration to connect MSN Messenger clients to Escargot servers.
  • (Windows builds) Updated bundled ImageMagick, Yt-dlp and FFmpeg versions.

Download page: https://github.com/atauenis/webone/releases/tag/v0.16.1

Reply 214 of 218, by ATauenis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

At this moment, all available ARM versions of WebOne 0.16.1 are requiring ARMv7 or ARMv8 (ARM64) instruction set support. Probably N900 is ARMv6 or ARMv5 compatible only.

Recently I've added into Git codebase an ability to compile WebOne for Linux/ARMv6 (using custom .NET Core 8.0 files available at Docker Hub). So it's now possible to rebuild WebOne for older Debian-powered ARM devices (I've tested a bit with RPi 1B/Raspbian 11). This is still experimental feature, not completely tested, but in some systems is working. It's the build-armv6.sh script, which needs a Linux (or WSL) environment with Docker installed, and some edit of webone.csproj file (change framework ID net6.0 to net8.0). It will produce an .deb package. It's also possible to tweak the script and get a rpm, tar.gz or zip file on output.

P.S. My English is also not is native language. 😀 So not a problem.

Reply 215 of 218, by bermano

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

nokia n900 uses arm cortex A8 based on my search results, The Cortex-A8 was the first processor to support the Armv7-A architecture. CMIIW
I'll try it again to make .Net runtime running on maemo first. Thank you for response
-Terima Kasih.

Reply 216 of 218, by ATauenis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Version 0.16.2 is ready.

• Fixed SVG converting for displaying in MSIE 1.0-3.0, Netscape 1.0-4.03.
  • Fixed PNG/WebP converting for displaying in Netscape 4.00-4.03.
  • Fixed useless request to Archive.org in some cases (mostly after picture format converting).
  • Fixed ObjectDisposedException error if UseMsHttpApi option is enabled.
  • Fixed work with Arachne GPL web browser (few Guru meditation errors fixed).
  • Fixed Cyrillic character set used with Arachne web browser (it prefers CP1251 or KOI-8).
  • Fixed crashing web browsers in OS/2 when playing YouTube videos via Macromedia Flash Player.
  • Fixed breaking of converted YouTube video stream when playing with Windows Media Player.
  • Improved speed of work with Mozilla, Opera browsers. HTTP Keep-Alive connections are more stable.
  • Security update. It's possible to disallow running ImageMagick with uncontrolled amount of arguments. Use EnableManualConverting option to control. This does not breaking picture converting, but disables http://proxy:port/!convert/ page.
  • New architecture supported: linux-armv6 (older Raspberry Pi 1, Zero devices). Experimental.

Download page: https://github.com/atauenis/webone/releases/tag/v0.16.2

Reply 217 of 218, by bodqhrohro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for this software, it made the NetFront browser on my Sony Ericsson phone usable again: for me and for an other Sony Ericsson user I helped to set it up too. Years ago, I attempted to set up Squid and failed to make it work with this phone, this proxy works like a charm. So I'm now prepared for a possible shutdown of Opera Mini transcoders.

Reply 218 of 218, by ATauenis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Version 0.16.3 is ready.

• Fixed automatic video playback in all Retro Online Video Player modes.
  • Fixed inability to install package on latest Ubuntu and Debian releases.
  • Fixed work of Proxy Auto-Configuration script. Now HTTPS and FTP are accessing as need with PAC too.
  • Fixed inability to download Root Certificate file when password authorization is enabled.
  • Fixed broken connect to other servers/ports on localhost (if any).
  • Fixed "A error has been catched: System.UriFormatException" error in some cases.
  • Fixed unwanted extra CPU load when accessing internal content (status page, FTP client, video player) via browser, configured to use proxy.
  • Improved version and system info line in proxy's log file.
  • Updated bundled versions of Yt-Dlp and ImageMagick (Windows Builds).

Download page: https://github.com/atauenis/webone/releases/tag/v0.16.3