Reply 20 of 25, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2020-05-09, 19:35:
Shagittarius wrote on 2020-05-09, 18:01:
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2020-05-09, 17:46:

Those who have problems in Incoming, you are using the Riva 128 version. GOG uses Diamond Monster 3d version(voodoo 1) which works without any lag and thr same applies to its CD version too.

I'm using the version that originally shipped with my 3Dfx card, it's the 3dfx version and its broken, same with the GOG version.

What wrapper do you use, I have no problems with nglide or dgvoodoo. Also don't select any compatibility settings.

I'm not using a wrapper I'm using a hardware Voodoo2 on my Win 98 machine and whatever hardware is installed on my other machines natively. Like I said the only one the runs it correctly is the Athlon 3400+ with a Geforce 4 4200 on XP. All the other machine run it super slow.

Reply 22 of 25, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote on 2020-05-10, 01:14:

I76's glide renderer gets really upset about >2MB texture memory. It's one of the few games that one memory-limiting checkbox in the Voodoo2 control panel's for.

Not quite. I got it running and playable within QEMU with dgVoodoo2, which reports a Voodoo2 with 8MB texture memory per TMU.

Reply 23 of 25, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Shagittarius wrote on 2020-05-10, 01:12:
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2020-05-09, 19:35:
Shagittarius wrote on 2020-05-09, 18:01:

I'm using the version that originally shipped with my 3Dfx card, it's the 3dfx version and its broken, same with the GOG version.

What wrapper do you use, I have no problems with nglide or dgvoodoo. Also don't select any compatibility settings.

I'm not using a wrapper I'm using a hardware Voodoo2 on my Win 98 machine and whatever hardware is installed on my other machines natively. Like I said the only one the runs it correctly is the Athlon 3400+ with a Geforce 4 4200 on XP. All the other machine run it super slow.

Well this wasn't a problem just for Incoming. This problem even existed in NFS and in Carmageddon series. Must be a driver problem. Check with a older version of it.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 24 of 25, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just few questions.

Technical:
1) Has present Gog version Gold patch already installed or not? If not can someone share it?
2) Are still valid GLide and D3d command line parameters? "-glide" and "-d3d" , what about OpenGL - on pc gaming wiki is that is related only to Permedia cards - its still valid?
3) Can someone compare, its is better to run it vanilla + this patch, or with dgVoodoo Glide or dgVoodoo D3D or with Nglide?
4) What is correct result of that A3D-Live.exe - installer, i run it, click on setup and it closed, with classic modern Win message - This program might not have installed correctly, its ok? How to test it?
5) Make any sense to use mouse controlls with this game?
6) Its build in controller support working with modern Windows? Or can it be used with some modern key to gamepad mapper?

Not technical?
7) What is sense of that Auto melee arena mod? I can shoot some cards, when i shoot all i get they are respawn, when they kill me its game over, i only get some score.. That is it? It they is possible to enable respawn for myself too, for something like classic deathmatch?
😎 In arena mode i often ends up, in zombie mode, when front of my card is destroyed so i can shoot.. but what i have to do? If im not wrong there is not instant repair and Carmageddon crashing seems not make too much damage to opponents and my car is already damaged.. So only option seems to be actually suicuide..
9) What car is best from standard arena offer?

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 25 of 25, by Vi3D

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for the massive necro, but I feel replying here directly is the best way to get in contact with you who developed the patch.
I set up the GOG version with DGVoodoo, this patch and ogg-winmm (the latter being the only way I could get the music to work).

I have run into two bugs, one might be because of ogg-winmm, but the other I feel is unrelated.

The first is whenever I go from a menu to a cutscene, the song from the menu plays over the cutscene. The only way to get the cutscenes without music is to skip to the mission, hit Abort Mission and then Replay.

The second is on the save menus, the "Are you sure you want to overwrite?" prompt seems to crash the game every time I try to save over an older save. The "Remember to save" message after mission 2 also crashes, so I can't play past it.

I'll also take the chance to ask if adding an option for 24fps and 30fps would be possible. I get you picked 20 because it worked best for you, but I want to try the others if possible. Thanks for making this patch to make the game playable at all on modern systems, I'm really enjoying the game as is thanks to your efforts, and any help here will be appreciated.