VOGONS

PCem v17

Topic actions

Reply 120 of 126, by Siggy12

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Cyberdyne wrote on 2021-07-26, 07:05:

Usually if a excellent good open source software gets a new maintainer/developer, the thing just "dies", it is just my observation 🙁

Well sometimes the developer really dies 🙁

Exactly!!
I hope Sarah to have a nice rest and take all the time she need to recover and then when she is ready to come back
on PCEm otherwise will be very difficoult to PCEm project to survive.

Reply 121 of 126, by maxwellb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Before this thread is closed by moderation (and thank you moderators!), I'd like to also share my appreciation. I've probably always been into retro computing ever since I had a computer. Probably because I hardly ever throw away or delete anything, except by accident, flood, or don't-have-the-space-when-moving. But I'm also terrible at keeping track of things.

I digress. Thank you Sarah and community. I've only been getting back into DOS/Win9x revisiting in the last year, and even more recently been using PCem (until then VirtualBox and to a lesser extent QEMU). I look forward to participating in the community when the new maintainer announces, and am amazed at the legacy that's been created to date. Cheers.

Reply 122 of 126, by resle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SarahWalker wrote on 2021-07-01, 09:44:

PCem has now been taken over by a new maintainer. I'll let them step up and announce more concrete details when they're ready.

wondering if the above is still happening.
cheers,

r.

..so we ate rare animals, we spent the night eating rare animals..

Reply 123 of 126, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
maxwellb wrote on 2021-08-07, 14:14:

Before this thread is closed by moderation (and thank you moderators!), I'd like to also share my appreciation.

I would like to join with you in showing my appreciation and respect and thanking Sarah
for her dedication that she put into her projects over the years.
My best wishes and hopes for the future also.
Hopefully there comes a time when she can look back at these days
again without feeling sad and uncomfortable.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//