VOGONS

Reply 160 of 217, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
rasteri wrote on 2023-02-21, 10:50:
tabm0de wrote on 2023-02-21, 09:38:
Tried attaching the mouse logitech b110s and the HIDman with the new build and it sadly stopped to responding after outputting: […]
Show full quote

Tried attaching the mouse logitech b110s and the HIDman with the new build and it sadly stopped to responding after outputting:
unsure way its random caps and not caps sometimes 😉

hidman VO. 1 mAIN mENU
1. CONFIGURE GAME CONTROLLER MAPPINGS
2. 10G hid dATA
esc TO EXIT MENU
10GGING hid dATA. pRESS esc TO STOP..
10 18-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
iNTERFACE O rEPORT dESCRIPTOR
05 01 09 02 a1 01 09 01 al 00 05 09 19 01 29 03
15 00 25 01 95 08 75 01 81 02 05 01 09 30 09 31
09 38 15 81 25 7 75 08 95 03 81 06 c0 cO
iNTERFACE 0 rEPORT dESCRIPTOR -
05 01 09 02 al 01 09 01 al 00 05 09 19 01 29 03
15 00 25 01 95 08 75 01 81 02 05 01 09 30 09 31
09 38 15 81 25 7f 75 08 95 03 81 06 c0

do you have a model off mouse that work? so i could try buy one and just to be sure everything is working as it should 😉 even tried wireless logitech with unifyin reciver , dell wireless mouse, logitech g305 and gives me same act sadly

OK that's just bizarre, I am not sure what's wrong there at all. Maybe a different silicon revision of the CH559?

I have just ordered a new batch of hidman PCBs, if you send me one that doesn't work for investigation I'll send you one of the new ones. I've DM'd you my address.

Luckily i have a iphone that is able to take a picture of the chip, as i cant even see it with my eyes 😉

Attachments

• IMG_3917.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_3917.jpg
    File size
    846.46 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 161 of 217, by Eivind

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@rasteri: I have a couple of questions, if you wouldn't mind;

1. I still can't seem to get "MODE CON RATE=xx DELAY=xx" working - doesn't matter which values I use, there's no change.
I've included the HID log for the keyboard I'm using to test with, if that might have anything to do with the matter. It's a Logitech UltraX Premium.

2. Does HIDman support USB hubs at all? I've tried inserting both a regular (powered, known-good) USB hub with my normal keyboard, as well as an HHKB keyboard which has a hub built-in - and I get no reponse. Nothing in the HID log either.

Thx!

Attachments

• Filename
    KEYB.LOG
    File size
    929 Bytes
    Downloads
    41 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

The LlamaBlaster sound card
ITX-Llama motherboard
TinyLlama SBC

Reply 162 of 217, by rasteri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Eivind wrote on 2023-03-01, 13:11:

1. I still can't seem to get "MODE CON RATE=xx DELAY=xx" working - doesn't matter which values I use, there's no change.
I've included the HID log for the keyboard I'm using to test with, if that might have anything to do with the matter. It's a Logitech UltraX Premium.

2. Does HIDman support USB hubs at all? I've tried inserting both a regular (powered, known-good) USB hub with my normal keyboard, as well as an HHKB keyboard which has a hub built-in - and I get no reponse. Nothing in the HID log either.

1. I'll look into it. I haven't tested that part of the code in a while so I'll test again.

2. The code I used as a base is supposed to, but I just tried it and you're right it doesn't. Shouldn't be too difficult to get working though. I'll look into it.

Reply 163 of 217, by Eivind

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
rasteri wrote on 2023-03-01, 18:16:

1. I'll look into it. I haven't tested that part of the code in a while so I'll test again.

2. The code I used as a base is supposed to, but I just tried it and you're right it doesn't. Shouldn't be too difficult to get working though. I'll look into it.

Thank you! 😀

ITX-Llama motherboard
TinyLlama SBC

Reply 164 of 217, by rasteri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey I've tested this on Windows 98 DOS mode and Dos 6.22, it seems to be working for me. Maybe the exact timings aren't right but it's definitely having an effect.

What exact command line are you trying that doesn't work?

Reply 165 of 217, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
serisman wrote on 2023-02-09, 01:13:
Nice! Yeah, 0402 is pretty small. I prefer 0603 or 0805 because they still have visible codes on them and are reasonably easy […]
Show full quote
tabm0de wrote on 2023-02-08, 10:56:

Thanks, soon done with one for test, sadly I don’t read what i order so good so the cap was ordered as 0402 instead of 0603, there is no chance in hell I will try to solder those haha

Nice! Yeah, 0402 is pretty small. I prefer 0603 or 0805 because they still have visible codes on them and are reasonably easy to hand solder still.

tabm0de wrote on 2023-02-08, 10:56:

@serisman question regarding the hidman mini, what way did you go with securing the cables so it isnt possible to accidentally pull of wire from the pads ? is it somehow secured in the 3d case you made?
I might ad an extra 5mm to the pcb with hole so i could strip wire it or equal to be on the safe side.

Honestly, I think the individual wires would probably break before you pulled one of those traces off. You can use a bit of heat shrink over both PS/2 cables to hold them together a bit better. The 3D printed case does extend an additional 5mm or so beyond the PCB which helps a bit as well. If you don't want to go with the 3D printed case you can always use heatshrink (clear?) around the whole thing, possibly with some hot glue first.

Ping, please check your private message 😉

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 166 of 217, by serisman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
tabm0de wrote on 2023-03-15, 22:41:

Ping, please check your private message 😉

I just responded via PM. Let me know if you didn't get my response so I can post it here instead.

Reply 167 of 217, by Eivind

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
rasteri wrote on 2023-03-14, 08:12:

Hey I've tested this on Windows 98 DOS mode and Dos 6.22, it seems to be working for me. Maybe the exact timings aren't right but it's definitely having an effect.

What exact command line are you trying that doesn't work?

I did some reading up on what the "MODE CON RATE=xx DELAY=xx" command actually does. Seems it triggers the INT 16h, with AX=0305h, BH=repeat delay, BL=typematic rate.
...and as it turns out, that shit isn't implemented in SeaBIOS at all! 🙁 No wonder it didn't work. I'll try to add an interrupt handling routine to pass these values on to the 8042 keyboard controller.

Edit: whoa, that was actually super easy! I updated the BIOS, and it works fine on the TinyLlama now! 😀

ITX-Llama motherboard
TinyLlama SBC

Reply 168 of 217, by kmeaw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@rasteri, thank you for the project!
I have built a HIDman and it works perfectly if I plug it into a PS/2-to-USB converter for testing purposes - my USB keyboard gets translated to PS/2 and then back again to USB and I can use it to type on my laptop.
However it doesn't if I use it for the intended purpose. When I plug it to my VIA C3 machine (Touch Systems KM1000, Award BIOS v6.00PG) then it first ignores a few key-presses and then starts beeping every time I press down or release a key. If I hold the Delete key to access the BIOS setup during the early startup then the machine freezes at POST screen.
HIDman's firmware (commit f4f414e) was built with SDCC 4.2.0 (#13081). The only change I made was in util.c - I changed CH559.h to ch559.h to make it compile on a case-sensitive file system. To keep things simple I followed the default layout of BOARD_AXP - keyboard clock at P0.5, data at P0.3. I have a PS/2 mouse so I left mouse pins unconnected.
I have tried adding more power to the 5V rail and connecting mouse pins - it does not make a difference on my setup.
What can I do to collect more debugging information?

Reply 171 of 217, by rasteri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kmeaw wrote on 2023-03-20, 12:44:

I have a DSO quad nano with two probes and a Cypress sigrok-compatible board with 16 unbuffered channels. Should I capture PS/2 clock and data lines?

Yeah a sigrok capture would be perfect. If you could start the capture before you turn on the PC and capture the entire boot sequence that would be great. Also press some keys once it's booted.

Reply 172 of 217, by kmeaw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry, it was my fault. I started collecting the signals and saw a constant '1' on the clock line. I hooked a scope and it showed a low-amplitude signal ('0' was about 4.1V, '1' - 5.1V).
Then I found an extra solder blob. After cleaning everything up it worked! I still have no idea why did it work with a PS/2-to-USB converter.

Thanks again for the project! Now I don't have to rely on USB legacy emulation for the keyboard which has some firmware bugs on my machine - it does not work both with USB flash drivers and a keyboard, only one device at a time.

Reply 174 of 217, by sofakng

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If I'm planning to build one of these, should I build the PS2USB or AXP version? I know they are still a work in progress but I'd like to contribute with testing, etc.

It looks like the AXP version is the 'better' version with the extra serial output feature?

Reply 175 of 217, by rasteri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sofakng wrote on 2023-05-10, 15:26:

If I'm planning to build one of these, should I build the PS2USB or AXP version? I know they are still a work in progress but I'd like to contribute with testing, etc.

It looks like the AXP version is the 'better' version with the extra serial output feature?

Yeah I would recommend building the AXP version, it's actually cheaper despite the extra port (enclosure is less than half the price).

I haven't actually built the version in the tree but it should work. I'm gonna build one tonight, I'll let you know.

Reply 176 of 217, by sofakng

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Great, thanks so much for the help!

By the way, was there any change in the AXP PCB from the original version? It looks like I ordered some a while ago and didn't even remember, haha. However, I forgot to order the enclosure front/rear panels so I guess I might as well order the newer AXP PCB too...

Reply 177 of 217, by rasteri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sofakng wrote on 2023-05-10, 15:57:

By the way, was there any change in the AXP PCB from the original version? It looks like I ordered some a while ago and didn't even remember, haha. However, I forgot to order the enclosure front/rear panels so I guess I might as well order the newer AXP PCB too...

Yeah I moved the position of the reprogram switch and LEDs. So the front panel will no longer line up with the old PCB.

Current rev is built and seems to be working, just need to test fully.

Reply 179 of 217, by rasteri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sofakng wrote on 2023-05-11, 00:51:

Thanks for the update. I'll plan to order some PCBs unless I hear otherwise.

Just tested it, it seems to work.

I suppose the AXP version in github should be considered more or less"version 1.0", as I can't see me changing it much after this.

of course the firmware still needs a bit of work but it's very usable.

Attachments

• eagrathsrhtrf.jpg
    Filename
    eagrathsrhtrf.jpg
    File size
    741.1 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain