VOGONS

First post, by FujimiKaido

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey gang!

Stumbled upon this neat forum and I decided I would maybe see if I couldn't fit in! I love computer hardware of all vintages and think this is a great place to congregate to speak with people who feel the same way. I would like to start off by sharing a bit about myself, and I will do this in the best way I know how. Show my computer and setup. I feel the best way to get to know what another computer enthusiast is is into, is through his/her hardware. So please allow me to post a few pictures here in hopes that I can strike up a good engaging conversation.

tRuP3j7.jpg
Filename
tRuP3j7.jpg
File size
702.91 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Lia7tFH.jpg
Filename
Lia7tFH.jpg
File size
483.99 KiB
Views
File license
vv1EctU.png
Filename
vv1EctU.png
File size
32.32 KiB
Views
File license
JoMzZUq.jpg
Filename
JoMzZUq.jpg
File size
487.83 KiB
Views
File license
I3tCehk.jpg
Filename
I3tCehk.jpg
File size
623.81 KiB
Views
File comment
Server rack next to the desk before the desk was redone with new displays.
File license

Be well guys!
I'd love to hear some opinions especially from the seasoned enthusiasts.

Reply 2 of 10, by FujimiKaido

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@Tertz

I didn't think I would have gotten that much interest from anyone. I don't game. At all. In fact it is not what I built the computer for. So the GTX 770 SLI would show its age. They are rather dated cards to be put in the system i know but they fit my needs. So those benchmarks wont be coming from me unfortunately. I can run the quake in DOSBox in time. If that is something you'd be interested in seeing. If theres anything CPU/RAM intensive, benchmark wise you'd like to see i can supply some results from AIDA/Cinebench/3Dmark. I can even supply something as simple as a Geekbench3 benchmark. Your choice. Thanks for looking.

Reply 4 of 10, by Tertz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
FujimiKaido wrote:

If theres anything CPU/RAM intensive, benchmark wise you'd like to see i can supply some results from AIDA/Cinebench/3Dmark

Mentioned DOSBox+Quake is CPU intensive, for example. 😀 While video cards are better to test in modern games. Synthetic tests are on your decision.

DOSBox CPU Benchmark
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide

Reply 5 of 10, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sexy PC!!!!
I just don't get what the Audigy is doing there. Did it ever give you trouble to setup? I don't think they are even supported by Creative anymore.

Reply 7 of 10, by FujimiKaido

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@2Mourty It would be an H100i by Corsair.

@alexanrs It was actually an Audigy RX which is a fairly current card so the drivers were supported. Its since been changed to an Asus Xonar DX

Reply 9 of 10, by Kamerat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nice rig FujimiKaido!

alexanrs wrote:

Oh, yeah. I had forgotten that Creative "revived" the Audigy brand. Anyway, I've heard good things about the Xonar DX. Nice choice.

It isn't only the brand that got revived, it's actually an Audigy chip and a PCI to PCIe bridge on that card.

DOS Sound Blaster compatibility: PCI sound cards vs. PCI chipsets
YouTube channel