Reply 40 of 47, by Skalabala

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
melbar wrote:
How did you get the 140Mhz? […]
Show full quote

How did you get the 140Mhz?

According to the manual (P5A/P5A-B), the max. FSB is 120MHz jumper's selection is shown.
Anandtech's test say's about a range of up to 133MHz.

Your 140MHz would be insane 46.67MHz PCI clock and 93.34MHz AGP clock.
You have boot this setting only POST screen, not to windows right?

Personally, i would not go over 112MHz because of the PCI/AGP dependency.

Hey bud 😀
Yes only POST, did not even put a hard drive in it and had to use a PCI FX5200 because there is no space for cooling the CPU.
I will boot 133mhz when I get the cooling sorted, but any higher is risking the hardware. 5x133 I hope to be stable, this should push performance somewhat.
The cooling problem is what is setting me back at the moment as it does look like the P5A-B is faster than the GA5AX.
I still need to find a Geforce 2 GTS so that I can use driver 7.58 witch is the best fastest driver for when using K6

The FSB of 140 is undocumented :p
It goes up to 150, I bet I will get it to post but I will rather not try to push the limits so far.

I can not get the motherboard to get 6X multiplier as I should be able to post 720mhz :p

Reply 43 of 47, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm really enjoying these! Could you show more? Maybe show what kind of settings you're using and whole setup, show a little bit more gameplay and such. I am genuinely impressed, as impressed in fact as you seem to be! 🤣

Reply 44 of 47, by Skalabala

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
F2bnp wrote:

I'm really enjoying these! Could you show more? Maybe show what kind of settings you're using and whole setup, show a little bit more gameplay and such. I am genuinely impressed, as impressed in fact as you seem to be! 🤣

Yes I can try 😁 But remember I am from Africa, things are slow this side 😊
I am intent to make this thread into the all you need to know about K6 😎

Reply 45 of 47, by falloutboy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Skalabala wrote:

I can not figure out how to use WPcredit. I have the stuff from K6plus. I know how to load PCR file but how do I save it or make it work?

WPCREDIT can change settings which the motherboards BIOS may not allow.
With WPCREDIT you test the settings for stability, after a restart everything will be back to normal.

WPCRSET will set them at the system start permanently.

WPCREDIT:
Load the right pcr file for your motherboards chipset, it will give you the description for the register settings.
Go on Edit & click on Device. Select your motherboards "Host Bridge" or whatever it is called on your motherboard.
Basically you go thru the registers, read the description on the right site and try a faster setting by changing the binary values which are located in the middle at the bottom.
In the middle at the bottom where it says "Bin: 00010010" the last two digits enable 4-way-bank interleave, if I set the last two digits to "01" it will be 2-way-bank interleave,
see on the right site where it says
BANK INTERLEAVE RAS DELAY
[10=4BANK/4WAY] 0=1T/1=2T
[01=2BANK/2WAY]
[00=No Interleave @ 0/1]*

WPCRSET:
After you have figured out your fast & stable settings, you can add them in WPCRSET to make them permanently.
For example on my VIA mvp3 motherboard: In WPCREDIT on the top left corner it says: PCI Bus: 0 ; Device: 0 ; Function: 0.
on the left at the bottom it says Offset: 64 ; Data: 12.
Add these values in WPCRSET & make sure WPCRSET it is on "Start" on Startup.
With the Register 64, 65 & 66 set at Data 12 I set 4-way-bank interleave for all my ram slots on the motherboard.

I hope someone understood my description. 🤣

WPCRedit.png
Filename
WPCRedit.png
File size
17.57 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
WPCRSET.png
Filename
WPCRSET.png
File size
8.55 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by falloutboy on 2017-02-23, 08:43. Edited 1 time in total.